SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Hawks hockey jersey

Siouxperfan7

So with the adoption of a new name and logo, teams are transitioning to new Fighting Hawks jerseys.  Other sports have already made the move.  Hockey will eventually as well.  I don't think that we will see the logo as predominately displayed on the front of the hockey jersey as the Sioux logo, but it will be on there in some way, most likely on the shoulder.  This brings me to what I am wondering.  Will the hockey team come out with a redesign of some new jerseys?  Or will they just stick with the current design and replace the interlocking ND patch on the shoulders with the Fighting Hawks logo?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So with the adoption of a new name and logo, teams are transitioning to new Fighting Hawks jerseys.  Other sports have already made the move.  Hockey will eventually as well.  I don't think that we will see the logo as predominately displayed on the front of the hockey jersey as the Sioux logo, but it will be on there in some way, most likely on the shoulder.  This brings me to what I am wondering.  Will the hockey team come out with a redesign of some new jerseys?  Or will they just stick with the current design and replace the interlocking ND patch on the shoulders with the Fighting Hawks logo?

My guess would be just replacing the interlocking ND on the shoulders. 

I'm guessing they just replace the shoulder patches as well.  I'd appreciate a new design though, as the current jerseys essentially require you to customize them with numbers or something to fill the big hole on the front between North and Dakota.  I'm also not a big fan of the colored armpits and shoulders.

2 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

The basketball team has a jersey design similar to the hockey team with 'North' on the top, 'Dakota' on the bottom, and a number in the middle.  They have updated their jerseys to the new script.  Will be interesting to see if the hockey team does the same.

basketball.jpg

Where is the new logo on these? Must be pretty subtle. Either way, I think these look pretty sharp.  

I am not saying that the hockey jerseys should have a huge giant Fighting Hawks logo on the chest.  I am saying they need to integrate it on their jerseys/breezers/helmets/etc.  The basketball team, as well as other sports, have done a nice job integrating it without hitting you over the head with it.  I get it.  The logo is going to take time for some people to adjust to it.  Making slight modifications to jerseys like the basketball team has done is a good first step.  

I would like to see the logo on the shoulders and the helmets.  Also using the new script on a newly designed jersey (without the ugly armpit colors, would look sharp as well.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I am not saying that the hockey jerseys should have a huge giant Fighting Hawks logo on the chest.  I am saying they need to integrate it on their jerseys/breezers/helmets/etc.  The basketball team, as well as other sports, have done a nice job integrating it without hitting you over the head with it.  I get it.  The logo is going to take time for some people to adjust to it.  Making slight modifications to jerseys like the basketball team has done is a good first step.  

I would like to see the logo on the shoulders and the helmets.  Also using the new script on a newly designed jersey (without the ugly armpit colors, would look sharp as well.

This please.  The current jerseys look god awful as replicas.  They are honestly embarrassing, and I can't believe anybody buys them.  If they came out with a new jersey without an awkward number gap, I'd buy a couple.  

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

This please.  The current jerseys look god awful as replicas.  They are honestly embarrassing, and I can't believe anybody buys them.  If they came out with a new jersey without an awkward number gap, I'd buy a couple.  

Agreed.  Maybe they should just put an 8 on the front of all replica jerseys until they get a new design.

1 hour ago, nodak651 said:

Or how about saving everyone the trouble and putting a number on the front of the jersey in the shop - let the buyer pay to add the shoulder and back numbers if they so choose?  Just an idea from a jersey guy...

4 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

The basketball team has a jersey design similar to the hockey team with 'North' on the top, 'Dakota' on the bottom, and a number in the middle.  They have updated their jerseys to the new script.  Will be interesting to see if the hockey team does the same.

basketball.jpg

Front row guys...are John Stockton shorts back in style?  :0

14 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Or how about saving everyone the trouble and putting a number on the front of the jersey in the shop - let the buyer pay to add the shoulder and back numbers if they so choose?  Just an idea from a jersey guy...

Seems like the Ralph likes the fact that in order to make the current jerseys look complete, you have to take it to their customizing shop and pay extra.  

14 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

I thought you were from North Dakota... :)

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

basketball.jpg

On a side note......I count 15 players but I also count 10...TEN...suits. Unreal the number of "staff" needed these days to run a program.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

On a side note......I count 15 players but I also count 10...TEN...suits. Unreal the number of "staff" needed these days to run a program.

I wouldn't be surprised if 3 or 4 of them are basically unpaid grad assistant type "coaches", unpaid former players who need to get a start somewhere into what they hope will be a coaching position.

39 minutes ago, focker said:

They need to do something as that huge gap on the jerseys just looks stupid without a number in there.

For all you fockers out there that don't like the gap.....put a number in it. Jerseys look better customized anyway....even the replicas.:D

• Upvote 2