SiouxSports.com Forum

UND su game 2

SiouxFan100

22 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

If i remember right, it seemed like last years SU BB game was sold out or if not close to it.

Not close to a sell out this year.

and that was with bad weather too last year

lack of students due to them leaving for semester break didn't help either, but the ones who were there appeared to be quiet. 

14 minutes ago, hky said:

UND coaches and players were not happy with NDSU's  time out and celebratory huddle on the floor with how many seconds left?  24?  And no, it was not to get reserve players into the game - there were other opportunities to do that.  I think that's why UND's assistant coach was hollering at their bench. 

The time out with 24 sec left is what caused all the friction. That was a horse sh$t call. I'll never forget Jones' expression when they called that time out.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

It's like why the hell schedule this BB game during break, it's a rivalry. I don't get it, Bison home game wasn't during break.

I am hoping it was because of the late agreement for the home and home series for 4 years....and next year UND gets the better date.

2 hours ago, jdub27 said:

If your want to talk about poor form, maybe you should mention the game would have been over if Richman wouldn't have called a timeout with 24 seconds left.

I guess I'd rather have a team that shows a little fire and they care about losing rather than pouting up and down the court.

I'd also take a deeper look in terms of reaction during and after both games. While I have no issue with what either team did during either game, it's just sour grapes if you find a way to be offended by one and not the other. The away team was better in both games, on to conference play. 

I'm mostly offended by flagrant fouls.  Pushing someone who is in the air from behind and extending through the push shows Bernstine to be a POS.  The antics of others in Fargo or GF ruffles feathers of the other fan bases, sure.   But physically hurting someone is poor form, as I said.   And Bernstine was the only one who had balled fists as best as I can tell when the scuffle started.  He even pushed a ref.  I can't believe he hasn't gotten in any kind of trouble.  As far as Richman...I don't know why he called the time out.  I'm already ready for a new coach who knows something about offense, so I'm not going to spend a lot of time defending him.

On 12/12/2016 at 4:13 PM, SiouxVolley said:

UND dominated the floor in the first game.  Just have to stop Dexter and they won't have a scorer.

Seales didn't play and Quinton didn't score until late.  That won't happen again.

UND can win this by 30.

The first prediction of yours I have read since last year's volleyball fiasco.  Maybe it's time to just stop predicting? 

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

The first prediction of yours I have read since last year's volleyball fiasco.  Maybe it's time to just stop predicting? 

First of all, its been two years since that NDSU volleyball win.  The point was is that UND is so far ahead on talent has been proven out over the past two years.  It's not even close.  One bad game doesn't destroy destiny.

The same applies to UND mens basketball.  UND has the potential to get 30 pt win against NDSU based on if the talent, coaching adjustments, shooting %, and crowd participation come together.  Coaching puts a big wrench in that, as did sh %, and crowd response.

11 hours ago, hky said:

UND coaches and players were not happy with NDSU's  time out and celebratory huddle on the floor with how many seconds left?  24?  And no, it was not to get reserve players into the game - there were other opportunities to do that.  I think that's why UND's assistant coach was hollering at their bench. 

Well if the game is over then we could have quit pressing and fouling trying to extend the game as well.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Well if the game is over then we could have quit pressing and fouling trying to extend the game as well.

Or make a couple free throws during the game.  Or guard their three point shooters like the first game.  Or actually move the ball and drive to the basket on offense instead of standing around looking at each other.  Or don't get worked on the glass all game.  

One more thing:  Crandall needs to grow up.  He isn't an 18 year old freshman anymore.  Acting like a clown and fouling out every game doesn't help the team.  

Any of the above would have caused the end of game issues to not happen.    

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

One more thing:  Crandall needs to grow up.  He isn't an 18 year old freshman anymore.  Acting like a clown and fouling out every game doesn't help the team.  

Crandall and Bernstein both laid an egg for us.  Gino's trash talking in Fargo came back and bit him in the rear end.  Play the game, enough of the other crap.

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

The time out with 24 sec left is what caused all the friction. That was a horse sh$t call. I'll never forget Jones' expression when they called that time out.

What about the dunk with 5 seconds to go by UND in Fargo? That was classy? 2 years ago in Fargo when UND was getting blown out, an NDSU bench warmer threw up a shot with 4 Seconds left in the game because the shot clock was going to go off and Jones threw a temper tantrem in the hand shake line with Richman. You keep supporting the "classy" Mr. Jones and you will be seeing teams year after year of above aveage talant and very dissapointing results.

I will take Richman with average talent over Jones with superior talant every year. 

On December 18, 2016 at 8:35 PM, homer said:

Enough with you Bison fans complaining about UND in Fargo.  I was at the game and they did nothing as over the top as Bison fans claim.  It was more frustration with getting beat by 20.

Funny, I was listening to your radio announcer, Paul Ralston, who basically said UND had it coming when the malee broke out because of how UND acted in Fargo. He said they shouldn't dish it out if they aren't perpared to take it when it comes back around. 

On a side note, I wonder when his suspension without pay starts?

1 minute ago, nd1sufan said:

Funny, I was listening to your radio announcer, Paul Ralston, who basically said UND had it coming when the malee broke out because of how UND acted in Fargo. He said they shouldn't dish it out if they aren't perpared to take it when it comes back around. 

On a side note, I wonder when his suspension without pay starts?

So what did they do that was over the top? 

11 hours ago, UND1981 said:

Crandall and Bernstein both laid an egg for us.  Gino's trash talking in Fargo came back and bit him in the rear end.  Play the game, enough of the other crap.

I was watching wiener for ndsu trash talking most of the game at und

it goes on on both sides

part of a rivalry I guess

i also watched hooker after the game talking to the ndsu players with respect

thats the players I like to warch

11 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

What about the dunk with 5 seconds to go by UND in Fargo? That was classy?

The reason he dunked it was because Richman decided to start pressing with his starters after the game was out of hand and continued it after a basket with 14 seconds to go. Collins was left all alone under the hoop.

Maybe Jones should have called timeout to get in some backups?

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

First of all, its been two years since that NDSU volleyball win.  The point was is that UND is so far ahead on talent has been proven out over the past two years.  It's not even close.  One bad game doesn't destroy destiny.

The same applies to UND mens basketball.  UND has the potential to get 30 pt win against NDSU based on if the talent, coaching adjustments, shooting %, and crowd participation come together.  Coaching puts a big wrench in that, as did sh %, and crowd response.

Can NDSU beat UND by 30 then too?  Based on the same factors?

5 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

What about the dunk with 5 seconds to go by UND in Fargo? That was classy? 2 years ago in Fargo when UND was getting blown out, an NDSU bench warmer threw up a shot with 4 Seconds left in the game because the shot clock was going to go off and Jones threw a temper tantrem in the hand shake line with Richman. You keep supporting the "classy" Mr. Jones and you will be seeing teams year after year of above aveage talant and very dissapointing results.

I will take Richman with average talent over Jones with superior talant every year. 

This rivalry is coming back. It's more like BB used to be when UND was running hockey out of the Barn. Lot's of chippy stuff (with no three-pointers and a T-foul for dunking); gives sports writers and commentators the energy to use adjectives in front of all nouns, makes fans come back, gets the community talking the game till the next rivalry game, sometimes even longer, read further. You couldn't fit the BB crowds of back then into the Betty. How could all of us have let it slip away????

Dunk with 5 seconds, they were pressing us, great!!!! That's excitement, NDSU didn't lay down and die with 5 seconds left. Great!!!! That sells, 

Richman time out Friday with 24 seconds left. Payback, excitement for SU fans, frustrations for UND, another minute for adjectives from the announcers, Great!!!!   More ink!

Jones' stare down at the SU huddle after 24 second time out Firday. The fat lady already sang, but he didn't have to tell his men to go back out onto the floor to battle, they knew. This was the enemy, not SDSU, USD, Montana, UNI, or whoever.

Friday the assistant coaches barking at each other with 16 seconds.  I was on bench side @ center court 9 rows up, I'd give them "Best in Show".

Bla bla bla, 19?? Did you hear about the BB game in Fargo?  on and on, you get the drift.

In GF, the football players meet on the BB floor at halftime 1973 or 7?. 

#? dunked the BB in 1967 as his elbows dam near hit the rafters! T foul = -3 pt swing! Talk about getting a crowd in the game that was already in the game, putting a blob of ink in papers!

The time the teams ______  in 195?.

The games were not over till the clock ran out. I'll take two of these every year and I'll take mine with adjectives in front of nouns.

You keep Moo U's Richman, we sure don't want him, he's a great laugh for us right in Milk Town. C U @ the next bouncy ball game!

• Upvote 1