SiouxSports.com Forum

UND su game 2

SiouxFan100

6 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

UND dominated the floor in the first game.  Just have to stop Dexter and they won't have a scorer.

Seales didn't play and Quinton didn't score until late.  That won't happen again.

UND can win this by 30.

I don't think UND wins by 30.  NDSU had no scoring from the perimeter.  

I do think getting Seales back will help as NDSU did not have to defend Billy Brown.  They will have to defend Seales.  

2 minutes ago, homer said:

I don't think UND wins by 30.  NDSU had no scoring from the perimeter.  

I do think getting Seales back will help as NDSU did not have to defend Billy Brown.  They will have to defend Seales.  

You gotta think that su will shoot better this time around. I want to see UND go right at Dex on offense and either foul him out or tire him out.

sure with geno taunting the fans  last time out  plus revenge angle...that NDSU will be out for blood..NDSU plays a solid mid major team in UC Davis thursday night plus seales being ok will help...NDSU retains 4 of top 6 scorers from NCAA  tourney team that played NCAA 2 seed and elite 8 Gonzaga  in a very competitive game  in 2015...they have players and pride .

NDSU will come hard and want revenge after being humiliated on their own court. I don't expect Miller and Khy to combine to only make one shot or NDSU shooting 1-20 from behind the arc. I don't expect Hooker to be scoreless for most of the game either and Seales should knocked enough rust at UNI.

Is it tough to beat a team twice in 9 days, sure... but its at home.  UND needs to defend the home court and treat this as a practice run for the conference tournament where this could be a scenario. 

I'll take UND in a close one, 74-69

#OwnTheFarm

13 hours ago, darell1976 said:

If they play like they did in Fargo and UNI (minus the refs) they will destroy the Bison in front of a good crowd. 

UND gets the sweep 85-61.

You are assuming NDSU will go cold shooting again. Hope that's not the case. 

17 hours ago, hoops44 said:

sure with geno taunting the fans  last time out  plus revenge angle...that NDSU will be out for blood..NDSU plays a solid mid major team in UC Davis thursday night plus seales being ok will help...NDSU retains 4 of top 6 scorers from NCAA  tourney team that played NCAA 2 seed and elite 8 Gonzaga  in a very competitive game  in 2015...they have players and pride .

UC Davis sucks so i dont think that will change my opinion of NDSU. Looks like UND is currently 67 percent to win at KenPom which seems about right. The two teams are pretty equal I think. 

35 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

You are assuming NDSU will go cold shooting again. Hope that's not the case. 

For the game UND shot 45.8%, NDSU shot 41.4%, hardly a huge disparity. NDSU's cold outside shooting was offset by Werner shooting 12-13, which I'm not sure you can count on again either. I'm sure UND could have sent more doubles to slow him down, but why give the outside shooters a chance to get going?

I expect a closer game, but I also expect Q to provide some scoring and Seales being on the court to help make a difference. Hoping Shanks has some confidence from the UNI game because NDSU has zero answer for him. The only thing that seems to be for sure is that one team will run the weave being 6 feet behind the 3point line for 20 seconds and have to try to force a shot on multiple possessions.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, jdub27 said:

For the game UND shot 45.8%, NDSU shot 41.4%, hardly a huge disparity. NDSU's cold outside shooting was offset by Werner shooting 12-13, which I'm not sure you can count on again either. I'm sure UND could have sent more doubles to slow him down, but why give the outside shooters a chance to get going?

I expect a closer game, but I also expect Q to provide some scoring and Seales being on the court to help make a difference. Hoping Shanks has some confidence from the UNI game because NDSU has zero answer for him. The only thing that seems to be for sure is that one team will run the weave being 6 feet behind the 3point line for 20 seconds and have to try to force a shot on multiple possessions.

If he was on his game, UND would have scored well over 100. I doubt he goes cold on Friday especially playing at home.

1 hour ago, darell1976 said:

If he was on his game, UND would have scored well over 100. I doubt he goes cold on Friday especially playing at home.

I wouldn't go that far. Q knew his shot was off, started distributing and ended up with 9 assists which is basically twice as many as FargoU had as a team. Much better reaction than continuing to chuck it up there and pout about it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Not necessarily. Q knew he wasn't hitting anything, so he started moving the ball around. If he starts hitting shots, then he is scoring points instead of the other guys he was dishin the ball to.

NDSU Perspective - Jacobson and Miller will have better games.  (Doesn't take much compared to the first game).  Werner will get his touches, but probably not as many if the rest of them decides to show up.  The Bison don't really want to have to rely on him to carry the team again.  He will still be tough to defend down low as he is more athletic than Shanks.  Bison need to obviously shoot better, especially from beyond the arc and from the line if they want to win this game.

UND Perspective - Crandall needs to stay hot.  Had a great game in Fargo a week ago.  Need to keep that going.  Having Seales back will be a much needed lift for more scoring.  Also defensively.  I thin k we all can agree that Hooker is not going to have a game like he did in Fargo this time around.  Shanks gained some confidence at UNI that hopefully transfers over.  Shanks needs to do a better job defending Werner and prevent the easy layups.  If NDSU goes cold again, need to double up Werner and not let him beat us.

Prediction:  NDSU should come out better shooting all around.  I think we will shoot better as wwll, especially Hooker.  If we can find a way to shut down Werner and Miller, UND should win this game.  

UND 81 - NDSU 69

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

If NDSU goes cold again, need to double up Werner and not let him beat us.

Disagree. Werner is solid and fun to watch but I don't think he's the kind of guy that's going to beat you by himself if no one else is contributing. Let him do his thing, as long you prevent the other guys from getting going.

• Downvote 1

On 12/13/2016 at 11:01 AM, UNDhoops said:

UC Davis sucks so i dont think that will change my opinion of NDSU. Looks like UND is currently 67 percent to win at KenPom which seems about right. The two teams are pretty equal I think. 

UC Davis is leading NDSU early in the second half, so if the Bison lose to them then they suck worse than UC Davis. 

31 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Bison came back from a double digit deficit to beat UC Davis by 4. So when UND is up they need to close the game and not let the Bison come back. Just repeat what happened in Fargo and we get the sweep.

Holy cow.  You sure?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3