SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 FCS PLAYOFFS THIRD ROUND

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

48 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Two reports in Youngstown, Ohio, say 4 Youngstown State players suspended for #FCSPlayoffs vs. Eastern Washington. http://www.vindy.com/news/2016/dec/13/ysu-mum-on-which-players-or-substance-in/?newswatch 

There were reports from SDSU the prior week of the same thing from their own fan base   

Trend in the MVFC? 

7 minutes ago, homer said:

There were reports from SDSU the prior week of the same thing from their own fan base   

Trend in the MVFC? 

Before we all get up on our high horses here, keep in mind I've been at many parties with UND athletes...kids will be kids.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Before we all get up on our high horses here, keep in mind I've been at many parties with UND athletes...kids will be kids.

It's a little friendly banter.  I agree the they make mistakes.  Unfortunate that it's prior to the semifinals and both teams won't be at full strength if it's true.  

• Upvote 1

On 12/13/2016 at 6:40 AM, Siouxperman8 said:

Two reports in Youngstown, Ohio, say 4 Youngstown State players suspended for #FCSPlayoffs vs. Eastern Washington. http://www.vindy.com/news/2016/dec/13/ysu-mum-on-which-players-or-substance-in/?newswatch 

I thought Pelini preferred to discipline his players by punching them on the sideline?  

38 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

so you have an all american wide out throwing bombs on trick plays against third string db's?...they deseved to lose.

I agree. Defense wins championships and Eastern Washington, along with most other Big Sky teams, consider defense an afterthought. Big Sky is no where to be found in the FCS championship game, again, due to it. UND is going the right direction by emphasizing defense and a ball-control running game. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I agree. Defense wins championships and Eastern Washington, along with most other Big Sky teams, consider defense an afterthought. Big Sky is no where to be found in the FCS championship game, again, due to it. UND is going the right direction by emphasizing defense and double reverses

fixed...

• Downvote 1

On 12/19/2016 at 2:00 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

might be a long time before i get over that...especially after seeing how "mighty" the eagles were!! would've loved to see that game

For me that Eagles loss and having the Bizon pretty much get beat across the board; gets me real excited about next season. We could possible beat both teams. Realize we play E Eash our last game and only chance at Bizon would be in playoffs!!!!!!

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

For me that Eagles loss and having the Bizon pretty much get beat across the board; gets me real excited about next season. We could possible beat both teams. Realize we play E Eash our last game and only chance at Bizon would be in playoffs!!!!!!

No doubt about it.