SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (4-2) @ NDSU (6-3) 12/7 7:00 PM

SWSiouxMN

As Geno Crandall stated simply on twitter: its Hate Week part 1! UND and NDSU clash down at the new arena in Fargo.  Since the Rivalry renewed at the D-1 level, NDSU holds a 4-2 advantage, including winning all 3 matchups in Fargo by wide margins.

On paper, this should be a even match up.  UND is looking to revenge a defeat at home, where a double digit lead was squandered in the 2nd half, based on some hot 2nd half shooting by Khy Kabellis.  He will be back alongside standouts Paul Miller and A.J Jacobson and all around glue guy Dexter Werner.  Kid I am interesting in watching on the Bison side is redshirt freshman Deng Geu, a 6-8 stretch 4 from Sioux Falls (how in the heck did SDSU/USD let him get away?)

Stat Breakdown

UND             NDSU

3 PT        37.6%          33.1%

FG           49.7            47.7%

FT            63.6%         66.3%

RPG        37.0              35.4

APG         16.3             11.9

PPG        84.0              70.1

Game is on the tres.  Keep it clean everyone, should be a fun one for two teams who are favorites in their respective leagues.

#OwnTheFarm :D:whistling:

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Hoping the trend of blowouts in Fargo continues.  

That game two years ago at Scheels arena was terrible.  I don't think UND showed up.  

Dont want a repeat of that tonight.  I'll be attending with a number of Bison fans who are fully expecting the same blowout and us leaving early again. 

2 minutes ago, homer said:

Not a fan of the weave? 

Not for 15-20 seconds and then look at each other and wonder who is going to actually shoot the ball.  They play good defense and are built that way, I get it, which is not bad by any means.  But, early on at least, they have been painful to watch.  

Just now, UNDBIZ said:

Keep those expectations low.

Non-conference games against D1 teams don't matter.

It's to the point where I wonder why they even schedule them?  Why not just schedule 8-10 D3/NAIA teams at home and then two money games on road.  Then, onto conference play.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

Non-conference games against D1 teams don't matter.

It's to the point where I wonder why they even schedule them?  Why not just schedule 8-10 D3/NAIA teams at home and then two money games on road.  Then, onto conference play.  

Yeah, because it's all about keeping more of the gate. Building a solid mid-major program just isn't economically feasible. :silly:???

for those heading to the SHAC tonight, get ready to be violated by the fan sitting behind you and violate the fan sitting in front of you.  I went to one game there this year and the seating has to be the worst set up of any new stadium I have seen.  

Scheels should ask for their money back. Don't wear snow boots or drink to much before the game.  Tight squeeze in the isles.  You have been warned.