SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Western Michigan

AZSIOUX

UND (8-5-3 / 2-3-1-1) beat BC 4-3 this last Saturday at MSG. UND is 1-1-1 in their last three games without BOESER. These are the last 2 games until UND heads to Union for 1 game on New Year's Eve 3pm  UND STATS

NCAA STATS

Pairwise Rankings

WMU (7-4-3 / 3-4-1-3) lost and tied St. Cloud State this last weekend in Kalamazoo WMU STATS

9 minutes ago, AZSIOUX said:

UND (8-5-3 / 2-3-1-1) beat BC 4-3 this last Saturday at MSG. UND is 1-1-1 in their last three games without BOESER. These are the last 2 games until UND heads to Union to open their new arena on New Year's Eve. (1 game) UND STATS

NCAA STATS

Pairwise Rankings

WMU (7-4-3 / 3-4-1-3) lost and tied St. Cloud State this last weekend in Kalamazoo WMU STATS

Where did you hear Union was opening a new rink? I hadn't heard that anywhere. 

This is not previous years' Western Michigan team.  This is not a guaranteed sweep but can be if we can match their intensity.

Iacapelli(or however you spell it) needs to get hit early and often as he can put the puck in the net. Rattle his cage(but not literally Gardner!) and see if he can get baited into taking a stupid penalty or two.

As much as I'd like to see Boeser back, if he's not 100% I'd rather have him be a full go starting in January. The Broncos can punish players, especially if he's one of our star players and has an existing injury.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Sodbuster said:

Well, if we don't see Boeser against Western Michigan, then I hope we don't see him in the world juniors either.

I'm guessing that tournament was a pretty big reason why he decided to come back another year. That would stink if he wasnt able to play in it.  The US should have a very solid crop this year.  They may already be missing Keller (BU).

Hopefully Shaw is back.  We'll be fine; our speed should cause some problems for them.

4 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I heard it too... Nucks flew Stecher out and met Boeser at MSG. Put a fake mustache on though so no one could ID him.

Also, Berry accepted a position to replace Bettman as NHL commissioner. Deal was finalized and will be announced after the Union game .

Dont shoot the messenger guys... just tellin you what I heard

NHL Headquarters is moving from Toronto to Judy's Bar in the Forks...unconfirmed rumor at this time.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I heard it too... Nucks flew Stecher out and met Boeser at MSG. Put a fake mustache on though so no one could ID him.

Also, Berry accepted a position to replace Bettman as NHL commissioner. Deal was finalized and will be announced after the Union game .

Dont shoot the messenger guys... just tellin you what I heard

So what you're saying is Blais is going to become the head coach of the Sioux again???

18 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

So what you're saying is Blais is going to become the head coach of the Sioux again???

I heard that the NCAA called Mark Kennedy and apologized for the whole Fighting Sioux name change fiasco. UND will be allowed to use the Fighting Sioux name again starting in January 2017 (once Boeser leaves) with the NCAA's blessing and encouragement. The whole "Sioux Forever" chant at the Garden broke their backs and line of defense.

13 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Why the low ball offer?

Well, during negotiations MSG offered the NYR and the Knicks but only $40M/yr for ten for UND Hockey and UND MBB. Kennedy wasn't so sure so he sent a negotiator to let MSG know his concerns (photo of negotiations). Seeing that Phil Jackson said there were too many wheels in motion in that so they drew the package back down a bit to be just hockey.  Just an unconfirmed rumor ... for now.  ;)