SiouxSports.com Forum

So after the MSG game

Fetch

Side bar: 

Good Lord people. The old nickname and "Hawks" are both mono-syllabic. 

It is ...

Let's Go Hawks!  <-- three beats

not 

Let's go Haw-awks <-- four beats

The four beat amateurs trying to get a chant going Saturday v. Michigan State were pitiful. 

I was at the game at MSG.  Out of 8,000 fans, I would estimate 75% were wearing some form of FS gear including myself.  I don't see this changing for some time.  I saw maybe 5 FH hats, shirts, etc. in my section 104.  I saw a good amount of ND gear for others not wearing FS stuff.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, siouxfanofcourse said:

There are no "Fighting Hawks" chants/cheers at the football games.

Are there ANY chants at football games?

IMO I'd rather here a deafening "Let's Go Sioux" trying to will the team back to life than require a big play to make any noise.

I think it'll convert to "Let's Go Hawks" down the line but anyone that thinks it'll happen overnight is just being pathetic... :D

1 hour ago, WiSioux said:

If you honestly thought that the new nickname would be like flipping a light switch and everyone would automatically be in love with it and cheer for it, you are the delusional and pathetic one. Get real.

A. It is a terribly boring nickname that didn't even get a majority of the votes.

B. The logo is worse than the nickname.

Consider us a dimmer light switch. Over time maybe the passion and support for the name will brighten but right now it is very low, especially amongst hockey fans.

So its like Trump winning then......

How did this board feel about the protests?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, BIGSIOUX said:

Whoa...loook out. I was way over the line. Get a grip. Must've hit a little to close to home. 

Never said you were, just don't want to talk politics on a college hockey message board.

I stick strictly to facebook for political opinions that I have no desire to read.

It's not tough to comprehend if you try your absolute best... I believe in you

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Never said you were, just don't want to talk politics on a college hockey sports message board.

I stick strictly to facebook for political opinions that I have no desire to read.

It's not tough to comprehend if you try your absolute best... I believe in you

FYP :D

Same principle applies.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, I Ranger said:

Are there "Fighting Hawks" chants/cheers at football/basketball or volleyball games? I've only been to hockey games so I really don't know and am curious if or what chants are started at other sporting events.

No there isn't a Fighting Hawks cheer at a football game, but at the Alerus there is a spot to buy Hawks gear, how much Hawks gear is available at the Sioux shop in the REA? After a TD there are fireworks and a Hawk screech. Is there a Hawks screech after a goal? The Alerus has embraced the nickname a lot more than the REA. Bubba is seen wearing a Hawks cap, hawks shirt. I don't think I have ever seen Brad Berry with anything Hawk related. I guess next year we will see if the REA and Fighting Hawks hockey is ready to embrace the new name with a Hawk on center ice, a Hawk on the jersey, and Hawks gear in the Sioux shop. Like I said give it about 5 years.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

No there isn't a Fighting Hawks cheer at a football game, but at the Alerus there is a spot to buy Hawks gear, how much Hawks gear is available at the Sioux shop in the REA? After a TD there are fireworks and a Hawk screech. Is there a Hawks screech after a goal? The Alerus has embraced the nickname a lot more than the REA. Bubba is seen wearing a Hawks cap, hawks shirt. I don't think I have ever seen Brad Berry with anything Hawk related. I guess next year we will see if the REA and Fighting Hawks hockey is ready to embrace the new name with a Hawk on center ice, a Hawk on the jersey, and Hawks gear in the Sioux shop. Like I said give it about 5 years.

Clueless...try going to a game....and please don't tell us about the game you went to when you were nine....you have used up all the equity on that one.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

Clueless...try going to a game....and please don't tell us about the game you went to when you were nine....you have used up all the equity on that one.

I went to two football games this year. Do you need directions to the Alerus since you never go anywhere besides the REA?

8 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

You obviously missed my point, go back and reread. I love our students being as how I was one a year ago...which makes your old man comment hilarious btw :lol: In fact, I'd bet you have years on me.

Also, I've never once said I'm always and forever Sioux. Calm down bud.

I deleted my comment after i re-read your post. my bad on my part, just immediately reacted when i read "pathetic students"

8 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Not only is the "Sioux Forever" chant embarrassing, the people that do it are pathetic.  Sorry for harsh words, but seriously you are.  You are the sole reason that our fan base is divided.  There are plenty of fans that are embracing the new name and logo, and you are preventing everyone from moving on.  You are like the 3 year old in Target that is kicking and screaming with mom dragging you out of the store because you want a toy but can't have it.  

I am not saying that you "Sioux Forever" fans have to go out and stock up on Fighting Hawks gear.  You also don't have to go home and burn your Sioux gear.  Just saying that chanting "let's Go Sioux" and "Sioux Forever" is not helping the University, its student athletes, and its fans move forward.  It is holding them back.  Seriously.  Grow up, be an adult, and quit being a bunch of sore losers now that the Sioux name is gone.

If you are offended by my post, then you are the ones that I am talking about.

You better not watch the post game interviews after the MSG game! You will be very disappointed...;)

6 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

That is a cheap shot. Siouxperfan7 is one of the biggest supporters of all our programs and is also a friend of mine. Try to keep it classy, will you?

Oh boy, settle down there message board cop! He said he didn't want to hear it so the other guy told him to stop going to the games, you know why? Because he is going to hear it!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, darell1976 said:

I think I remember you posting on here when BB had a Hawks hat on in an interview and you had to clean your underwear! Yes, he has wore hawk gear.

• Downvote 1