SiouxSports.com Forum

So after the MSG game

Fetch

1 hour ago, Fetch said:

& how the crowd yelled Let's Go Sioux & Sioux Forever - How long to u expect this to continue ? 

I give it another 5 years after that it should be down to a small chirp or a whisper. Once Hawk jerseys show up on the ice it will sink in a little at a time. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 11

7 hours ago, darell1976 said:

I give it another 5 years after that it should be down to a small chirp or a whisper. Once Hawk jerseys show up on the ice it will sink in a little at a time. 

You mean IF Hawk  jerseys show up on the ice?

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

You mean IF Hawk  jerseys show up on the ice?

Seeing that the ND is being retired after this season and new jerseys will be issued. You can almost guarantee a hawk on there after the football and basketball teams have Hawks on their helmets and shorts. Fighting Hawks is the nickname whether the die hard Sioux or nothing fans like it or not.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

7 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Seeing that the ND is being retired after this season and new jerseys will be issued. You can almost guarantee a hawk on there after the football and basketball teams have Hawks on their helmets and shorts. Fighting Hawks is the nickname whether the die hard Sioux or nothing fans like it or not.

That's right....I loved the "Let's go Hawks" and "Hawks forever" cheers during the game. ;)

1 hour ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Correct, don't think it's going away anytime soon

Not only is the "Sioux Forever" chant embarrassing, the people that do it are pathetic.  Sorry for harsh words, but seriously you are.  You are the sole reason that our fan base is divided.  There are plenty of fans that are embracing the new name and logo, and you are preventing everyone from moving on.  You are like the 3 year old in Target that is kicking and screaming with mom dragging you out of the store because you want a toy but can't have it.  

I am not saying that you "Sioux Forever" fans have to go out and stock up on Fighting Hawks gear.  You also don't have to go home and burn your Sioux gear.  Just saying that chanting "let's Go Sioux" and "Sioux Forever" is not helping the University, its student athletes, and its fans move forward.  It is holding them back.  Seriously.  Grow up, be an adult, and quit being a bunch of sore losers now that the Sioux name is gone.

If you are offended by my post, then you are the ones that I am talking about.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 8

25 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Not only is the "Sioux Forever" chant embarrassing, the people that do it are pathetic.  Sorry for harsh words, but seriously you are.  You are the sole reason that our fan base is divided.  There are plenty of fans that are embracing the new name and logo, and you are preventing everyone from moving on.  You are like the 3 year old in Target that is kicking and screaming with mom dragging you out of the store because you want a toy but can't have it.  

I am not saying that you "Sioux Forever" fans have to go out and stock up on Fighting Hawks gear.  You also don't have to go home and burn your Sioux gear.  Just saying that chanting "let's Go Sioux" and "Sioux Forever" is not helping the University, its student athletes, and its fans move forward.  It is holding them back.  Seriously.  Grow up, be an adult, and quit being a bunch of sore losers now that the Sioux name is gone.

If you are offended by my post, then you are the ones that I am talking about.

Not sure if this is directed at me but since you quoted me I'll respond. 

I don't participate in the 'Sioux Forever' chant since that's usually led by our pathetic students but will do the 'Let's Go Sioux' as my pathetic self did in Tampa when our pathetic fans cheered our pathetic team to a national title.

By extension what you're saying is that the current hockey players, numerous alumni in the NHL, and former coaches(Hakstol) who also say Let's Go Sioux are also pathetic.

That about cover it?

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

If you honestly thought that the new nickname would be like flipping a light switch and everyone would automatically be in love with it and cheer for it, you are the delusional and pathetic one. Get real.

A. It is a terribly boring nickname that didn't even get a majority of the votes.

B. The logo is worse than the nickname.

Consider us a dimmer light switch. Over time maybe the passion and support for the name will brighten but right now it is very low, especially amongst hockey fans.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Not sure if this is directed at me but since you quoted me I'll respond. 

I don't participate in the 'Sioux Forever' chant since that's usually led by our pathetic students but will do the 'Let's Go Sioux' as my pathetic self did in Tampa when our pathetic fans cheered our pathetic team to a national title.

By extension what you're saying is that the current hockey players, numerous alumni in the NHL, and former coaches(Hakstol) who also say Let's Go Sioux are also pathetic.

That about cover it?

Yes.  that is what I am saying.  Those people are preventing the University from moving on from the nickname.  Why it is just the hockey only fans, hockey coaches, former hockey players, etc that are the ones that continue to do this.  

7 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

If you honestly thought that the new nickname would be like flipping a light switch and everyone would automatically be in love with it and cheer for it, you are the delusional and pathetic one. Get real.

A. It is a terribly boring nickname that didn't even get a majority of the votes.

B. The logo is worse than the nickname.

Consider us a dimmer light switch. Over time maybe the passion and support for the name will brighten but right now it is very low, especially amongst hockey fans.

I never said that I expected everyone to be in love with it.  So you think its a terrible name and logo.  That's fine.  You don't have to be head over heels i love with it.  But don't revert back to a name that has been retired.  If you don't want to embrace the new name and logo, than cheer for "North Dakota".  

The support for the new name and logo is very low ONLY by the hockey only fans.  Everyone else is getting on board. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Yes.  that is what I am saying.  Those people are preventing the University from moving on from the nickname.  Why it is just the hockey only fans, hockey coaches, former hockey players, etc that are the ones that continue to do this.  

I never said that I expected everyone to be in love with it.  So you think its a terrible name and logo.  That's fine.  You don't have to be head over heels i love with it.  But don't revert back to a name that has been retired.  If you don't want to embrace the new name and logo, than cheer for "North Dakota".  

The support for the new name and logo is very low ONLY by the hockey only fans.  Everyone else is getting on board

Are there "Fighting Hawks" chants/cheers at football/basketball or volleyball games? I've only been to hockey games so I really don't know and am curious if or what chants are started at other sporting events.