SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Season

F'n Hawks

1 hour ago, UNDColorado said:

You might have watched too many James Bond movies and clearly never used a SUPPRESSOR...not silencer. They are actually still fairly loud, just soft enough to not need hearing protection. I actually would love one to keep the noise down when having fun in the forest. Respect for the neighbor sort of thing. 

It is highly illegal to file down the firing pin to make a semi into full auto but the one thing I do agree with you is that gun control is a joke. Look at Chicago, which has arguably the strictest gun laws in the country. 60 people die each month and nobody says a word, while law abiding citizens there are unarmed and criminals run the streets. Those laws mean nothing criminals.

You really pissed me off when you tried to blame the NRA for the Vegas shooting. NRA members rarely commit gun crimes and the statistics support my statement.

Well said.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SiouxBoys said:

Alcohol is a much bigger gateway drug than weed is.

And here we go.  We have a half dozen guys posting that if they were head coach, smoking pot would be required because of the 'benefits' and it is 'harmless', not addictive, and doesn't lead to anything else.  LMFAO!!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

And here we go.  We have a half dozen guys posting that if they were head coach, smoking pot would be required because of the 'benefits' and it is 'harmless', not addictive, and doesn't lead to anything else.  LMFAO!!

Don't believe that's what I said at all. 

55 minutes ago, old school said:

If I was a parent of a potential recruit there's no way in hell I encourage my boy to even thing of attending this school after reading some of the sh@t that I've read hear

If I was a parent I wouldn't encourage my son or daughter to attend a school based on a message board where people post using fake names.  

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Ridiculous hyperbole.

28 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

I would.  Trust, but verify.

I would think he has to do something. He might lose more players. But hes got t make the hard decision. This is where leadership is huge. Either you right the ship or you dont. Wins arent important now.

This scenario mirrors Iowa awhile back. Iowa had great players and were expected to do very well. But they came out and lost games they shouldnt have. Nobody could figure out why. Latter on a couple of players got busted. 

The thing is everyone knows who is doing it right and who isnt. The ones who arent doing it right bring down the whole team. Youve got to cut the cancer out like coach Ferentz said.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Maybe the bong needs to be passed up to Rudolph during pregame.... might loosen up the play calling a bit. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, SJG73 said:

We will move forward.  Not the end of the world folks!

We will move on, leaves a lot of questions though, need to right the flagship ASAP, injuries aside. Now, 3 out of a 100 is real high. If 3% of GF population was busted, organized crime be moving in to take over the business. How many on the team are involved with using drugs???? Are we like playing with a little peace and love. Team lost the drive to kick some butt.  How is the teams mental state, is there division in the locker room, lack of strong team leaders? Team needs help, looks pretty bad on the field.

2 hours ago, old school said:

If I was a parent of a potential recruit there's no way in hell I encourage my boy to even thing of attending this school after reading some of the sh@t that I've read hear

I don't see it being that bad.  There are nearly 80 members of the team, there are bound to be a couple non conformers out o that amount.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cberkas said:

I was in the military I know what they do and how they sound. There is no reason to own one, same thing and 30 round magazines or 100 round drums, but people still want them. 

The NRA leadership wants there to little to no gun control. The head of the NRA is against people on FBI watch list from being banned from getting guns, along with people who have mental problems should still own guns. If you're not a Republican you want to ban guns. That's coming from your NRA leadership every single year.  

Keep the political bull$%!# off the board, especially when you clearly don't know what the hell you are talking about!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SiouxBoys said:

Don't believe that's what I said at all. 

I kinda lumped in the posts before you, too, sorry about that.  My quip was triggered by the comment that smoking pot has benefits for concussions, nice try by the NFL players backing that study.  

My biggest problem with this situation on a team is the divisiveness it creates.  I doubt Wanzek (or whomever) is sitting around with Demon weighing up drugs and smoking a bowl.  So he distances himself from that group of players.  Now you have a pretty big split in the locker room, let's pull together on the field....?  Where are the captions as others have asked?

As pissed as I am, I must and will think about the majority of players that are doing the right things and are going to give everything they got tomorrow.  I guess some scholarship money just opened up for 2018.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, UND08 said:

Ok...I'm as mad as anyone about this but an embarrassment to UND?  No these players were the embarrassment...roughly 100 guys in the program and over 90% of them have never had any significant run-in with the law.  Like Siouxboys said all programs have at least some "fat."  If you want to put this on the captains then go right ahead...that's the direction society is going these days...it's always somebody else's fault!  These two need to be held fully accountable for their actions...which if convicted means a swift kick in the you know what from the locker room to the jail cell.

Now...I will say this is starting to become a trend...and I don't like it.  It's up to Bubba to fix this...and I'm confident he will.  Hell it wasn't even a year ago he was named coach of the year and he got a contract extension.  This is one fickle fanbase...and I'm not going to fall into the trap of jumping ship overnight.  If the trend isn't addressed swiftly and severely...then we'll see what happens...but until then I stand behind this program and will continue to do so.

Fickle fan base my butt - this season has turned into a dumpster fire.  Bubba had several selling points when he got the job - let's see how he's doing 

1.  Change the culture - no sideline dancing but other than that this is the second serious incident this year and the team is playing soft

2.  Recruit players to play "Bubba Ball" - In the world of smash face football our faces are the ones getting smashed - injuries are a part, but see item one about playing soft

3.  No more humiliations - some of the worst beatings and pathetic halves of football I have ever seen have taken place starting with last year's playoff game.

4.  Be competitive with the school to the south - years away

5. Improve the game day experience and attendance - this year started well - let's see how long it lasts

Bubba has some work to do - he is still basking in the glow of what the good old boys portrayed him as and being and also being not Mussman, but as they said in the movie The Hustler - "Time to shoot pool, Fast Eddy".

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cberkas said:

I was in the military I know what they do and how they sound. There is no reason to own one, same thing and 30 round magazines or 100 round drums, but people still want them. 

The NRA leadership wants there to little to no gun control. The head of the NRA is against people on FBI watch list from being banned from getting guns, along with people who have mental problems should still own guns. If you're not a Republican you want to ban guns. That's coming from your NRA leadership every single year.  

I am curious about your military career.  Can you elaborate a bit?

The Republicans were more than ready to prohibit firearms to anyone on the "No Fly List" as long as the person could go to court and argue his case to be removed.  The Democrats would not allow this (mind boggling to me).  So the Republicans said FU and moved on to other things.  The same goes for "Mental Problems", like PTSD?  You want to take away firearms from the very people that fought for your right to have them?  Why no mention of restricting firearms from anyone prescribed antidepressants?  Thats the only common link in these mass murders. 

Back to the subject at hand:  Drug test every UND football player tomorrow.   Those that fail get their one and only warning.  Fail twice and you are gone.   I think the weed issue is more rampant in UND football than we want to believe.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, SlowHand said:

Back to the subject at hand:  Drug test every UND football player tomorrow.   Those that fail get their one and only warning.  Fail twice and you are gone.   I think the weed issue is more rampant in UND football than we want to believe.

I'm all for this. 

15 minutes ago, SlowHand said:

I am curious about your military career.  Can you elaborate a bit?

The Republicans were more than ready to prohibit firearms to anyone on the "No Fly List" as long as the person could go to court and argue his case to be removed.  The Democrats would not allow this (mind boggling to me).  So the Republicans said FU and moved on to other things.  The same goes for "Mental Problems", like PTSD?  You want to take away firearms from the very people that fought for your right to have them?  Why no mention of restricting firearms from anyone prescribed antidepressants?  Thats the only common link in these mass murders. 

My military career:

I was an AO2 (AW) stood Force protection watches on a carrier. Certified to run the armory. Worked in weapons department, you know the place that has all the bombs, missiles, small arms, 30 mm, and gernades. We work closely with EOD. Have a Seal team and EOD team with us every where we go. Hung out with the Seals and EOD when we pulled into ports. Worked with a guy who went EOD but had to change to SWCC, his brother is a Seal. Tried for order to Elign Air Force Bace where EOD school is to be a gun tech, but the orders were filled. Tried to get orders with a squadron it Fallon NV (Top Gun is there). I also saw the VA for mental issues, prescribed antidepressants, antipsychotics, and anti anxiety meds.

8 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

I kinda lumped in the posts before you, too, sorry about that.  My quip was triggered by the comment that smoking pot has benefits for concussions, nice try by the NFL players backing that study.  

My biggest problem with this situation on a team is the divisiveness it creates.  I doubt Wanzek (or whomever) is sitting around with Demon weighing up drugs and smoking a bowl.  So he distances himself from that group of players.  Now you have a pretty big split in the locker room, let's pull together on the field....?  Where are the captions as others have asked?

As pissed as I am, I must and will think about the majority of players that are doing the right things and are going to give everything they got tomorrow.  I guess some scholarship money just opened up for 2018.

The captains know what is going on and there are two choices:  they are part of the problem or they are afraid or don't care enough to make a stand.  Either choice leaves us with a 1-4 football team and what must be a pretty divided locker room.