SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Season

F'n Hawks

Just now, Midwestern Hawk said:

Yeah, selling drugs to minors.  Hang'em.  It would stop in a hurry.  Talk to any law enforcement obout the drug problem.  It is booming, especially in MS and HS.

Do we really care if high schoolers are smoking marijuana?  Of all the things that high schoolers get into, that's probably the least of our worries.  

2 minutes ago, dlsiouxfan said:

I'm going to be frank with you.  I don't think possessing either is that big a deal.  From all appearances they are at worst small time dealers making some extra bucks on the side.  They aren't the cartel and it's long past time we stopped ruining peoples futures for a plant that's legal for nearly half of the population.

You are part of the problem.  Do you think it helps the team that many spend every night baked?

2 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Yeah, selling drugs to minors.  Hang'em.  It would stop in a hurry.  Talk to any law enforcement obout the drug problem.  It is booming, especially in MS and HS.

These players are barely past the age of minors. I'm opposed to the death penalty for anyone.

Just now, Midwestern Hawk said:

You are part of the problem.  Do you think it helps the team that many spend every night baked?

There are plenty of athletes who are able to use marijuana and perform at a high level.  There is even scientific evidence that it can help heal the effect of head trauma.  If they are using enough to impact their performance on the field then that's another problem,  but it's no different than if any other distraction is impacting their performance (alcohol, crazy girlfriends, video games, etc.).

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

It leads to other stuff, just as it has on this team.

Weed doesn't lead a person to do other drugs. Weed being illegal like other, more serious drugs, it what leads to people using other drugs. The gateway is the black market, not the weed itself.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

It leads to other stuff, just as it has on this team.

It actually doesn't.  What leads to other stuff is when you're doctor prescribes you a 30 day prescription of OxyContin after your knee or rotator cuff surgery with a re-fill and two months later you're going through withdrawals so bad getting off the stuff that you start buying pills from others.  That's the real drug problem is this country.  It isn't pot-smokers.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

Alcohol is a much bigger gateway drug than weed is.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/pot-legalized-colorado-teens-hospital-er/

my wife works as social worker in a very large high school and the pot use and all kinds of other stuff often thru vaping has exploded over the last 2-3 years.  Kids with schizophrenia symptoms.  I don't care if you want to smoke, just these kids think it is like having a Coca Cola.

12 minutes ago, dlsiouxfan said:

It actually doesn't.  What leads to other stuff is when you're doctor prescribes you a 30 day prescription of OxyContin after your knee or rotator cuff surgery with a re-fill and two months later you're going through withdrawals so bad getting off the stuff that you start buying pills from others.  That's the real drug problem is this country.  It isn't pot-smokers.

Kids using any chemicals (including alcohol)at a young age leads to far higher rates of addiction.  We all know guys who are not'addicted' to pot but need to wake and bake to get going every morning.

lets move on from this conversation and agree to disagree.  The guys broke the law.  Bubba needs to right the ship.

1 minute ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Kids using any chemicals (including alcohol)at a young age leads to far higher rates of addiction.  We all know guys who are not'addicted' to pot but need to wake and bake to get going every morning.

I don't have the same background your wife has but having grown up with an extended family of addicts of all types of persuasion, I will say that there are far more destructive legal addictions.  We all need to honestly assess if we have that genetic pre-disposition to addiction and be vigilant in our personal lives to make sure we don't succumb to it.  

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, cberkas said:

You can't ship it through the mail across state lines, it's obvious they were selling drugs.

The NRA would be the people who want you to have the ability to make a semi-auto gun and auto-gun. 

There is a reason there is a DEA and ATF.

Excuse me? Do you watch a lot of CNN or something?

THe NRA, which I am a proud member of, just yesterday announced they support the ATF re-examining the use and legality of bump stocks...which the previous administration allowed to go through.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UNDColorado said:

Excuse me? Do you watch a lot of CNN or something?

THe NRA, which I am a proud member of, just yesterday announced they support the ATF re-examining the use and legality of bump stocks...which the previous administration allowed to go through.

They also would stop anything that will keep things for being sold for guns. Prime example is silencers, why would anyone outside SPECOPS need silencers. I hear it will help with hunting, but the elk, deer, and antelope will still move when they hear the bullet fly by them. Then you'd have the safety issue of other hunters in the area not hearing a shot from a silenced weapon. The NRA is backing to see if a bump stock should be legal is because of all the outcry about it. Even if there is a ban on bump stocks, I believe it won't happen, there are other ways to make a gun an automatic. Gun control for the most part is a joke.

30 minutes ago, cberkas said:

They also would stop anything that will keep things for being sold for guns. Prime example is silencers, why would anyone outside SPECOPS need silencers. I hear it will help with hunting, but the elk, deer, and antelope will still move when they hear the bullet fly by them. Then you'd have the safety issue of other hunters in the area not hearing a shot from a silenced weapon. The NRA is backing to see if a bump stock should be legal is because of all the outcry about it. Even if there is a ban on bump stocks, I believe it won't happen, there are other ways to make a gun an automatic. Gun control for the most part is a joke.

You might have watched too many James Bond movies and clearly never used a SUPPRESSOR...not silencer. They are actually still fairly loud, just soft enough to not need hearing protection. I actually would love one to keep the noise down when having fun in the forest. Respect for the neighbor sort of thing. 

It is highly illegal to file down the firing pin to make a semi into full auto but the one thing I do agree with you is that gun control is a joke. Look at Chicago, which has arguably the strictest gun laws in the country. 60 people die each month and nobody says a word, while law abiding citizens there are unarmed and criminals run the streets. Those laws mean nothing criminals.

You really pissed me off when you tried to blame the NRA for the Vegas shooting. NRA members rarely commit gun crimes and the statistics support my statement.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

I trust Bubba and know he will do his damndest to clean this up quickly. He isn't the kind of person to look the other way. 

Do you think he will or should order drug tests on all the players?

Just now, UNDColorado said:

You might have watched too many James Bond movies and clearly never used a SUPPRESSOR...not silencer. They are actually still fairly loud, just soft enough to not need hearing protection. I actually would love one to keep the noise down when having fun in the forest. Respect for the neighbor sort of thing. 

It is highly illegal to file down the firing pin to make a semi into full auto but the one thing I do agree with you is that gun control is a joke. Look at Chicago, which has arguably the strictest gun laws in the country. 60 people die each month and nobody says a word, while law abiding citizens there are unarmed and criminals run the streets. Those laws mean nothing criminals.

You really pissed me off when you tried to blame the NRA for the Vegas shooting. NRA members rarely commit gun crimes and the statistics support my statement.

I was in the military I know what they do and how they sound. There is no reason to own one, same thing and 30 round magazines or 100 round drums, but people still want them. 

The NRA leadership wants there to little to no gun control. The head of the NRA is against people on FBI watch list from being banned from getting guns, along with people who have mental problems should still own guns. If you're not a Republican you want to ban guns. That's coming from your NRA leadership every single year.  

Our "2017 Season" thread has been reduced to this.

Plenty of good kids on that team that are heading down the right road and have good heads on their shoulders.  It seems that anything out of line is usually handled swiftly.  I'll expect the same thus time and the world will keep moving along.

32 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Do you think he will or should order drug tests on all the players?

I wouldnt be upset if he considers it.  Or just does a few random tests on their own.  Something needs to be done to set the bar.  Also, times like these you find out who the leaders are.  They don't always walk out for the coin toss.  

Very embarrassing situation.