SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Season

F'n Hawks

Seems the drug stuff started popping up at the end of Mussman's time too.  If your team is full of knuckleheads the team better at least be good.  A team full of knuckleheads that isn't very good is rock bottom.  Hopefully Bubba gets this runaway train back on the tracks.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, sprig said:

Legal or not playing stoned would not seem like a good way to play football

That could explain our slow responsiveness to game speed and guys with the giggles after a loss.

6 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Right now the laws are behind the culture. Because of this athletes should just not smoke even if they want to. You’d be hard pressed to find any team that has 0 guys that smoke. Personally I’m more worried about opiates than weed but that’s another conversation.

I might need to start smoking after this season.......

If they were just caught with it, I wouldn't be calling them to get kicked off the team. It's the cops raiding their place and getting an intent to deliver that makes me hope they are gone today. No second chances in this case.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TheFlop said:

Seems the drug stuff started popping up at the end of Mussman's time too.  If your team is full of knuckleheads the team better at least be good.  A team full of knuckleheads that isn't very good is rock bottom.  Hopefully Bubba gets this runaway train back on the tracks.

That's right, undefeated and a couple pot charges = mostly harmless, but playing like crap, acting like fools, really couldn't get any worse.  I will have to explain to my wife, kids, neighbors, friends, and extended family why I support the program so much.  Seems like a legitimate question.

2 minutes ago, AJS said:

If they were just caught with it, I wouldn't be calling them to get kicked off the team. It's the cops raiding their place and getting an intent to deliver that makes me hope they are gone today. No second chances in this case.

I agree 100%.  This is not like they were just pulled over on their way home.  Ill say it again, who were their biggest customers?  

27 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Where are all the pro-marijuana guys now on this site??? #harmless drug 

Yeah I am going to stop you right there. Personally, I do not believe marijuana is a drug. I think alcohol is much much worse. 

If other drugs were involved then I am with you but felonies for some weed is a bunch of bull$%!#. I will also add that if they are distributing then I am with you as well.

• Upvote 1

Just now, gundy1124 said:

That's right, undefeated and a couple pot charges = mostly harmless, but playing like crap, acting like fools, really couldn't get any worse.  I will have to explain to my wife, kids, neighbors, friends, and extended family why I support the program so much.  Seems like a legitimate question.

I am embarrassed.  At some point this starts to really effect recruiting, or maybe it already has.

1 minute ago, UNDColorado said:

Yeah I am going to stop you right there. Personally, I do not believe marijuana is a drug. I think alcohol is much much worse. 

If other drugs were involved then I am with you but felonies for some weed is a bunch of bull$%!#.

This was becoming a part of the team culture.  It needs to be stopped NOW!

7 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

If other drugs were involved then I am with you but felonies for some weed is a bunch of bull$%!#.

Ya, those stubborn laws keep getting in the way of the entrepreneurial spirit we have on our team.  In other news, UND School of Business loses 3 marketing/sales majors this year, happened to play football.  That sucks!!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Maybe they were making oil, pretty sure that's an automatic felony.  Marijuana is a plant.  THC is a drug. 

6 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

I agree 100%.  This is not like they were just pulled over on their way home.  Ill say it again, who were their biggest customers?  

I think if you park at Taco Bell, see who frequents 4th meal, and you'll have your answer, pretty simple actually.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Maybe they were making oil, pretty sure that's an automatic felony.  Marijuana is a plant.  THC is a drug. 

If they also found a bunch of butane then that's likely what they were doing. If they were processing and distributing then I will stand down. If they were using in their free time then I have a problem with them getting felony charges.

The intent to deliver is absolutely the embarrassing part.  These aren't 2 young college kids caught with a little bit of dope in the console during a traffic stop.  This was a full blown raid that caused local Lewis and Clark school to be placed on lockdown for a period of time.  Maybe some overkill on the police presence (which was significant), but still very embarrassing off field news for a team that has been embarrassing on field.  Will be interesting if Bubba puts his foot down.

26 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Time to clean house then. I just think the simple possession laws up there are absurd. 

We had a narcotics officer speak to the managers of our company this week as part of an annual training.  The police in GF aren't going after "small time" marijuana users in this town.  They don't have the time or money to.  If they are raiding a house with marijuana, chances are it was a large quantity or there were other drugs involved.  

I have no knowledge of what's going on with the football team or this raid,  just relaying what a GF police Officer told us this week.

• Upvote 1

Just now, UNDColorado said:

If they also found a bunch of butane then that's likely what they were doing. If they were processing and distributing then I will stand down. If they were using in their free time then I have a problem with them getting felony charges.

I have never used Marajuana, though I have a similar view on recreational use. However, the law is the law. We can agree or disagree with the law, but if the law is on the books and you break it, you can’t argue with the punishment.

Just now, UNDColorado said:

I would hope they wouldn't use butane... 1. dangerous as hell and 2. makes smoking even worse for you. The possession of the little baggies seems to indicate distribution to me. 

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

I would hope they wouldn't use butane... 1. dangerous as hell and 2. makes smoking even worse for you. The possession of the little baggies seems to indicate distribution to me. 

The butane is used to extract the THC when making oil and hash.