SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Season

F'n Hawks

Have you noticed people loyal with long ties to UND are being replaced? Peter Johnson is one. Bruce Gjovig told to retire. T. O'keef retires from  UND Foundation and is handed a job out east at 67. Loyalty is been replaced  by yes men. Get rid of people who know to much. 

Bubba and his staff very loyal not yes men. You replace coaches who do not win. The days of Tom Clifford and his staff who spoke up and didn't take cuts without a fight are over. The inmates are running the  show. Unless you believe every excuse the state puts out. Do you?

4 minutes ago, moser53 said:

Have you noticed people loyal with long ties to UND are being replaced? Peter Johnson is one. Bruce Gjovig told to retire. T. O'keef retires from  UND Foundation and is handed a job out east at 67. Loyalty is been replaced  by yes men. Get rid of people who know to much. 

Bubba and his staff very loyal not yes men. You replace coaches who do not win. The days of Tom Clifford and his staff who spoke up and didn't take cuts without a fight are over. The inmates are running the  show. Unless you believe every excuse the state puts out. Do you?

Coaches that don't win are replaced all the time.

It's like Alex Jones is posting on here.

2 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Coaches that don't win are replaced all the time.

It's like Alex Jones is posting on here.

Politics are always at play. I would guess most conservatives on this board believe everything that has happened to UND the last 20 years couldn't be helped. Nothing to see here. I question there  Motives you probably don't . 

23 minutes ago, moser53 said:

Politics are always at play. I would guess most conservatives on this board believe everything that has happened to UND the last 20 years couldn't be helped. Nothing to see here. I question there  Motives you probably don't . 

Do you go to siouxvolley’s shrink?

• Upvote 1

I live 10 or so houses down from where this happened and knew the house was rented by multiple football players but didn't know which players.  About 2:00 yesterday afternoon I watched 10 or so cops storm the house to serve the warrant but nobody was home.  Obviously they went back later on and found what they were looking for.  I suppose drugs were the obvious guess but I worried it may even be worse by the amount of cops looking to serve the warrant l, I guess I don't know what the norm is.  So I figured some news was forthcoming today.  This season has went from bad to worse.  Not sure what else to say.

Just now, gundy1124 said:

Where are all the pro-marijuana guys now on this site??? #harmless drug 

I'm not a drug advocate . . . but pot didn't really hurt them here.  The laws against pot hurt them.

Hurt everyone, really.  This team has no luck, and events like this just compound the issues.  Again, I really feel for the

guys that are working hard and keeping their noses clean.  It's going to be a long season.

• Upvote 3

I am sure there are a few of you on here that hear the stories about the team.  Every time I am in GF I hear more stuff that makes me wonder.  I discount most of it as BS, exagerations and 'boys will be boys'.  IMO there is getting to be way too much smoke to not have a roaring fire somewhere.  First Poole is busted for dealing in May, and now this.  Poole had cocaine residue with his arrest.  I have heard stories about that too. 

I have been around the block enough to not expect the team to be a bunch of choir boys, but this is ridiculous.  Who do we think the best customers are?  How many guys are really concentrating on being a better football player and team member?  I love UND football and this just sucks.  If i was Bubba i would start drug testing every week and let the guys play who can handle that.  i am sincerely afraid of how many guys could not handle that.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Where are all the pro-marijuana guys now on this site??? #harmless drug 

Right now the laws are behind the culture. Because of this athletes should just not smoke even if they want to. You’d be hard pressed to find any team that has 0 guys that smoke. Personally I’m more worried about opiates than weed but that’s another conversation.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

Right now the laws are behind the culture. Because of this athletes should just not smoke even if they want to. You’d be hard pressed to find any team that has 0 guys that smoke. Personally I’m more worried about opiates than weed but that’s another conversation.

Legal or not playing stoned would not seem like a good way to play football