SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Season

F'n Hawks

12 hours ago, shep said:

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. Much tougher schedule is gonna make a repeat difficult. Btw, a friend tells me the SU Red shirts are their BEST EVER.

Not sure if I believe it, but they are very confident going into next year, too.

And the next thing they'll tell us is that they could win the MAC! :silly:

No one can predict what will happen next year, but I am excited that we are poised to be a part of the playoff conversation for years to come.

Great news!

"The contract extension and salary increase for Schweigert also includes a salary pool increase for his assistant coaches, which is in keeping with President Mark Kennedy's statements this fall that UND would invest in championship teams."

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Good thing Faison was reading siouxsports last week, I was starting to get worried he had completely forgotten about Bubba and staff...

That's great, shows good team work! Really terrific news for UND FB with that ink dried. Some big salaries at Delaware and Richmond.since playoff losses.

21 hours ago, nodakvindy said:

Well if they can make it to Frisco too maybe those red shirts can prove it against us.

Try winning a playoff game first :p

Hard to know much about redshirts. I think the idea of a redshirt is pretty dumb anyway.  Don't agree with them in concept. 

• Downvote 1

13 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Try winning a playoff game first :p

Hard to know much about redshirts. I think the idea of a redshirt is pretty dumb anyway.  Don't agree with them in concept. 

Not sure why.  Redshirting makes the product on the field so much better, helps student athletes physically and gives them a better shot at graduating on a 4-5 year plan.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

Not sure why.  Redshirting makes the product on the field so much better, helps student athletes physically and gives them a better shot at graduating on a 4-5 year plan.

Agreed, most people do not graduate in exactly 4 years. I thought I was on target but still took 4.5 years.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, shep said:

Their QB had harsh words for the Administration for moving them down to FCS. Wonder how it will affect recruiting. Less money is a factor.

How will this work for Idaho??? Essentially recruiting guys right now saying we can't give you a scholarship because we are dropping down?  Do they go a recruiting class or or 2 without scholarship players?

On 12/22/2016 at 7:48 PM, shep said:

Anyone watching Idaho smash Colorado State in some stupid bowl game? As we get our hopes up for the future, recall they are joining Big Sky football in 2018.

I wouldn't worry about Idaho, they have had only 4 good seasons ever in football. This year would be their fourth.

7 hours ago, cberkas said:

I wouldn't worry about Idaho, they have had only 4 good seasons ever in football. This year would be their fourth.

I wonder how competitive they will be long term.  They were very good for about a 13 year stretch before they left the Big Sky.  Other than that brief time period, they have been a pretty poor program regardless of their classification.