SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Season

F'n Hawks

As for the updated roster:

• Like to see that Wanzek is up to 200
  • Also nice to see Haas is at 220 now
  • I expected Mason Bennett to be a little more than 235 
  • Blair only up to 270 is concerning
  • Dulin is gone (I think a lot of people expected this)
  • Carter Blackwell is gone (This may have been known - I guess I didn't notice it before)
  • Two punters, both seniors.....
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Hambone said:

• Carter Blackwell is gone (This may have been known - I guess I didn't notice it before)

Blair needs to figure out the nutrition. I'm sure he's eating a lot but it's clearly not enough. Everyone's metabolism has a tipping point.

Donnell is up to 235. That has me excited.

Pinke up to 245.

Zimmerman up to 210. 

Holm up to 180.

Toivonen up to 220.

Mercer up to 205.

Mortel up to 290.

Tank down to 290.

Cieslak up to 300.

3 minutes ago, Hambone said:

Bennett had tweeted out that he had gained 20 pounds since last season, which I expected would have put him in the 250 range, but I guess not. Are we sure that those weights are all updated?

I do recall seeing that Blackwell was gone, but I though Dulin was going to give it a shot at CB. Anyone know where he went?

Wanzek is great news, as he has great hands, but can now hopefully be a little more physical. 

Haas, I hope he lives up to some of this hype. looking forward to see what he can do.

Blair needs to get going with the weight. Not that it is easy to do, its not, but he needs some size.

1 minute ago, siouxfan512 said:

Bennett had tweeted out that he had gained 20 pounds since last season, which I expected would have put him in the 250 range, but I guess not. Are we sure that those weights are all updated?

I do recall seeing that Blackwell was gone, but I though Dulin was going to give it a shot at CB. Anyone know where he went?

Wanzek is great news, as he has great hands, but can now hopefully be a little more physical. 

Haas, I hope he lives up to some of this hype. looking forward to see what he can do.

Blair needs to get going with the weight. Not that it is easy to do, its not, but he needs some size.

Gaining weight is not as much about the weight room as it is the buffet table. Just doing the minimum with Baukol will give you gains if you consume enough calories.

2 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Gaining weight is not as much about the weight room as it is the buffet table. Just doing the minimum with Baukol will give you gains if you consume enough calories.

Take me for the perfect proof of this. I haven't been to the weight room in years but have gained a lot by eating. I know geaux is speaking the truth! Drinking beer also has helped me gain weight.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Right, wasn't trying to imply that Blair wasn't putting in the work in the weight room. Just think he could be a really solid player for us if he would pack on some more pounds. Easier said, than done though.

6 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

The "Tree Wiseman" opening drive at Bowling Green from the sideline.  Although I like the 3 guys together we might be better mixing in a slot guy.

Bowling Green.jpg

I'm pretty sure I've never seen a less impressive looking college football player than Noah Wanzek. I bet DBs were licking their chops when they saw him only to have the rug pulled out.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

I'm pretty sure I've never seen a less impressive looking college football player than Noah Wanzek. Inbet DBs were licking their chops when they saw him only to have the rug pulled out.

He's an exceptional athlete.  Best athlete to come out of ol' Jimtown in....awhile.

11 minutes ago, shep said:

Can we get past the Grady thing. 

He has to deal with issues we don't comprehend and we shouldn't harshly judge him for it. He thought he could come back and now isn't. It's done.

I second this.  Practice starts today!  Will anyone on here be at practice?

50 minutes ago, shep said:

Can we get past the Grady thing. 

He has to deal with issues we don't comprehend and we shouldn't harshly judge him for it. He thought he could come back and now isn't. It's done.

The expectations were built so high it had a long way to fall. Everyone needs to move on and hope for the best for the guy and his family. Few here can relate to the situation and none should judge - let's just move on. 

10 minutes ago, 77iceman said:

I truly don't think anyone on here is judge the kid.

Grady-gate is just part of the off season talk . . . and that's why we're on this forum, yes?

Moving on, though, I loved Teeder's practice updates in the past.  Good stuff!

Have to agree with Iceman here. In reality, I'm sure everyone wishes the kid the best; why wouldn't we. In terms of Grady-gate/Grady Watch/Etc. it is a part of off season football talk, and given how everything transpired, I don't think a few comical remarks or jabs are completely ridiculous. 

Maybe Grady is waiting for today, to show up in Rudy like fashion, with the whole team clapping him back, dramatic brass music playing in the background, and the coach allowing it to happen. No?

But yeah, football starts now, so I look forward to hearing how the team looks.

6 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Have to agree with Iceman here. In reality, I'm sure everyone wishes the kid the best; why wouldn't we. In terms of Grady-gate/Grady Watch/Etc. it is a part of off season football talk, and given how everything transpired, I don't think a few comical remarks or jabs are completely ridiculous. 

Maybe Grady is waiting for today, to show up in Rudy like fashion, with the whole team clapping him back, dramatic brass music playing in the background, and the coach allowing it to happen. No?

But yeah, football starts now, so I look forward to hearing how the team looks.

He's probably looking out the tunnel at the Alerus in a letterman's jacket...waiting for geauxsioux to come give him a pep talk about having a lot of attitude from not playing enough and how he don't gotta prove nothing to nobody. 

• Upvote 1