SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Season

F'n Hawks

2 minutes ago, LeaveNoDoubt said:

If it's the absolute worst (plz no!) and he's out for the season, he should be able to get a medical redshirt correct?

I do not believe he red shirted is Freshman year so medical redshirt should be in play. (plz no is spot on though)

Ugh!! Man I was on a such a high yesterday getting excited for the season and what could be. Man what a downer to learn we could be losing an NFL prospect at corner for the year.......damn it!!  That game on the road at Montana just got a little tougher. 

4 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

I do not believe he red shirted is Freshman year so medical redshirt should be in play. (plz no is spot on though)

He will have to use his regular redshirt year this year.  Unless he gets hurt at the start of next year, then he wouldn't be eligible for a medical redshirt.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, southpaw said:

He will have to use his regular redshirt year this year.  Unless he gets hurt at the start of next year, then he wouldn't be eligible for a medical redshirt.

Thanks for the clarification, this stuff gets muddy. Glad he has options!

5 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Ugh!! Man I was on a such a high yesterday getting excited for the season and what could be. Man what a downer to learn we could be losing an NFL prospect at corner for the year.......damn it!!  That game on the road at Montana just got a little tougher. 

!@#$ 

All the games got tougher now. 

!@#$ 

Redshirt left yet for Harris fortunately. 

Next man up; team needs to rally around Deion and still strive for Frisco. Crazier things have happened. 

Go Hawks

17 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Just curious. How does one tear an achllies?

It's a tendon. It attaches the calf muscles to the heel. It's a major component in walking and what allows you to "point your toes". You tear it the way you tear any tendon - counter force to the muscle action.

Bryant and Beckham are probably the most famous pro athletes to tear it

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Just curious. How does one tear an achllies?

My son tore his a year ago.  Playing pick up Basketball.  Played 3 games and was sitting down taking off his shoes to quit.  Got talked into one more game to 10.  Pulled down a rebound, turned to go up court and tore the Achilles.  Said it hurt like a mother ?????.  3 months of no weight and 3 months of rehab and is doing fine now.