SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Season

F'n Hawks

1 hour ago, darell1976 said:

This is probably the best year for that to happen. Barring any major injuries we should be in Texas in January. 

Championship teams adjust when a major injury happens to one of the team's top players. We may have the depth to deal with it thanks improved recruiting over the last few years.

I hope our coaching staff and players remain confidence yet humble.  It can be a slim margin between a very good winning record and a losing season.  Last we lost 3 games by a slim margin just a few plays and we would have had an outstanding record.  Or a few plays and we could have had average or possibly a losing record(no time to check the scores from last yr.)   The depth and leadership we have will help get the championship and good run in the playoffs.  This season is the last season UND can be crowned Big Sky Champs.  get er dun.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

I hope our coaching staff and players remain confidence yet humble.  It can be a slim margin between a very good winning record and a losing season.  Last we lost 3 games by a slim margin just a few plays and we would have had an outstanding record.  Or a few plays and we could have had average or possibly a losing record(no time to check the scores from last yr.)   The depth and leadership we have will help get the championship and good run in the playoffs.  This season is the last season UND can be crowned Big Sky Champs.  get er dun.

USD NAU and Poly could have been losses.

19 minutes ago, AJS said:

Using a simple, Better, Same, Worse, how would everyone rank how each unit should be when comparing this season to last?

Better - QB, OL, RB, TE, WR, CB

Same - DL, Safety

Worse -  LB

I know it's just preseason talk, but this seems a bit too speculative.  "should be" is the key phrase I guess.

At that spring scrimmage I didn't see anything that would make me doubt any of those positions just yet.

The Ute's will pull the blanket off of any weak spot quickly.

I'll refrain from breaking them out . . . and say that, as a whole, I think this team will be better than last year.

21 minutes ago, PATRIOT said:

#injuries

Truly hate that part of the game! Prayers Up!

For the record I've always hated morning workouts and think they are total bull$%!#.  Does anyone really think these guys are going to go to bed at 9:00 PM and rest up for a 6:00 AM workout??  In reality guys barely drag their ass to these, do the minimum to get thru the workout, then during the school year head back to bed and skip class.

6 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

For the record I've always hated morning workouts and think they are total bull$%!#.  Does anyone really think these guys are going to go to bed at 9:00 PM and rest up for a 6:00 AM workout??  In reality guys barely drag their ass to these, do the minimum to get thru the workout, then during the school year head back to bed and skip class.

I feel the same way but it seems like a necessary evil with how schedules are these days. I know when i had to do morning lifts I would be a good 40lbs weaker than later in the day workouts.