Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
F'n Hawks

2017 Season

Recommended Posts

FWIW, I received this email this morning and did the survey.   Lot of questions on how to improve tailgating and the game experience. 

Capture.PNG

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the green team said:

A 31 person committee? Really?   I honestly am very skeptical of any committee larger than 6 to 10 people.  Anything larger just shouts to me that it will get bogged down in never ending discussion.   Also, what I see here is most likely a lot of people who will have some big ideas.  That's excellent! Big ideas are great and some of these people are successful because of their ideas, however, ideas are one thing and implementation is another and often tied to having the dollars to do it.  Last time I checked we have very few dollars to implement things with the new budget UND and Athletics have.  Hopefully, they can be super creative or those on the committee who have the where-with-all can aid with the dollars necessary when it comes to implementing.  Because often is the case you have to spend money to make money, but the sad reality right now from my understanding is that there is little or no money to spend.  Not sure how they get around that one at this point in time.

Super pumped to see the pre-season polls.  It's great to see that this program has arrived to the point that it has the target on it's back.  Now let's take the next step and handle being the team that is being the hunted.

 

Some of the changes they could make would require more effort than they would money. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

For what it's worth:

UND Today is out with a new story about the Game Day Experience Committee, which met yesterday.

http://blogs.und.edu/und-today/2017/07/fan-tastic-experience/

Long overdue, but very glad they are taking it seriously.  Football is a big time college sport and needs to be treated as such.  Including UND.  Looking forward to the improvements.  #bubbabrand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Man I really, really, REALLY want to beat EWU and Montana this year to shut those fan bases up a little bit. 

Amen.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Man I really, really, REALLY want to beat EWU and Montana this year to shut those fan bases up a little bit. 

100%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Man I really, really, REALLY want to beat EWU and Montana this year to shut those fan bases up a little bit.

They're really bad mouthing UND on Facebook (FCS Football Fans Nation). Hope the boys can shut them up this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GoHawks said:

They're really bad mouthing UND on Facebook (FCS Football Fans Nation). Hope the boys can shut them up this season.

Yep, I'm on that FB group.....and all of them are squawking about how we aren't the real deal and avoided them last year blah blah blah.  Then of course a few NDSU fans have to jump in and comment too.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, the green team said:

A 31 person committee? Really?   I honestly am very skeptical of any committee larger than 6 to 10 people.  Anything larger just shouts to me that it will get bogged down in never ending discussion.   Also, what I see here is most likely a lot of people who will have some big ideas.  That's excellent! Big ideas are great and some of these people are successful because of their ideas, however, ideas are one thing and implementation is another and often tied to having the dollars to do it.  Last time I checked we have very few dollars to implement things with the new budget UND and Athletics have.  Hopefully, they can be super creative or those on the committee who have the where-with-all can aid with the dollars necessary when it comes to implementing.  Because often is the case you have to spend money to make money, but the sad reality right now from my understanding is that there is little or no money to spend.  Not sure how they get around that one at this point in time.

Super pumped to see the pre-season polls.  It's great to see that this program has arrived to the point that it has the target on it's back.  Now let's take the next step and handle being the team that is being the hunted.

 

The break out between tailgating, in game experience, and the Alerus center itself brings each sub committee to around 10 persons, that's my understanding.

I hope they do well.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

They're really bad mouthing UND on Facebook (FCS Football Fans Nation). Hope the boys can shut them up this season.

It's almost like they think UND put there comference schedule together themselves.  The whole avoiding Montana thing is laughable. I had respect for E. Washington until resently, now I hope they kick there ass mostly to shut them up.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Yep, I'm on that FB group.....and all of them are squawking about how we aren't the real deal and avoided them last year blah blah blah.  Then of course a few NDSU fans have to jump in and comment too.  

Montana avoided us last year. We only missed Eastern.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Big Green said:

It's almost like they think UND put there comference schedule together themselves.  The whole avoiding Montana thing is laughable. I had respect for E. Washington until resently, now I hope they kick there ass mostly to shut them up.

 

Agree 100%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My opinion is EWU is in for a long year.  You don't replace he three WR they did and two OCs.  They could surprise me but I predict 6-5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, homer said:

My opinion is EWU is in for a long year.  You don't replace he three WR they did and two OCs.  They could surprise me but I predict 6-5

I am hoping EWU beats NDSU, but with all of the changes they may have some growing pains early in the year where as NDSU will come out of the gate fast to start the year like they always seem to do.  As much as that last regular season game of the year against EWU will be extra exciting because it will likely have a lot riding on it, it might have been nicer to catch them earlier in the year when they are still figuring some things out.  Regardless, we still have to win that EWU game.  I hope our OL is rolling by then and we are putting up a lot of points and chewing lots of clock. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, homer said:

My opinion is EWU is in for a long year.  You don't replace he three WR they did and two OCs.  They could surprise me but I predict 6-5

They will have the exact offensive system. OC is head coach and they had two 3 star wr recruits this year plus two very talented WRs  waiting ther turn to shine. I see very small drop in wr production. Simply reload.  I think they lose only one OL too.  UND will pressure the !@#$ out of gubrud and make him beat them with his legs. UNDs backers are extremely fast and hopefully own the outside with aggressive play calling by Schmitty and house full of crazies.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know when Bubba is going to release the pre-fall depth chart? It was released right before the Big Sky kickoff last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Yep, I'm on that FB group.....and all of them are squawking about how we aren't the real deal and avoided them last year blah blah blah.  Then of course a few NDSU fans have to jump in and comment too.  

Good, let them bash us. They don't like newbies coming in and rise to the top so quick. They saw us as a laughing stock early on and last year Bubba shut them up. This year coaches are showing our program respect with the polls, they see us as the real deal while their fan base still see us as the 3-8, blowout team of 2013. As for Bison fans, that's just normal for them.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to get season tickets this year, but the later starts don't work for me - why is it still impossible to get start times from the Athletic Dept?  Other schools (Bison for ex) don't seem to have this trouble.  What gives?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Irish said:

I'd love to get season tickets this year, but the later starts don't work for me - why is it still impossible to get start times from the Athletic Dept?  Other schools (Bison for ex) don't seem to have this trouble.  What gives?

Do the opposing teams know what time they play at the Hawk's Nest this season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Yep, I'm on that FB group.....and all of them are squawking about how we aren't the real deal and avoided them last year blah blah blah.  Then of course a few NDSU fans have to jump in and comment too.  

An EWU fan commented that she couldn't wait for them to pound us into the ground.  Haha.  Their fans are starting to creep to the level of Griz fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sioux04 said:

An EWU fan commented that she couldn't wait for them to pound us into the ground.  Haha.  Their fans are starting to creep to the level of Griz fans.

Yeah a I think a handful of those loudmouth Griz fans posting all of the time, is starting to rub off on them.  I hope if we get and stay in the upper echelon of FCS we don't also end up with a handful of dbag fans like Montana and NDSU that think their sh*t doesn't stink and like to rip on/post on social media about other programs without even being provoked.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×