SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Season

F'n Hawks

In my opinion the biggest question mark is Studsrud - he hasn't shown consistent championship play - Actually, he was not very good in several games last year.  Regardless of the talent around them, the one consistent thing about the Bison success (I really hate using them as a comparison, but well...) has been outstanding play at the QB position, starting with Walker.  Studs has been a game manager but a notch or two below the top.  He needs to up his game.

• Upvote 1

On 7/15/2017 at 9:23 PM, geaux_sioux said:

What about Blair? Still too light?

My understanding on Blair-  very good feet, very good run blocker, even at 265, but at 265 pass blocking is concern in that he gets lifted, and when a d lineman gets an o lineman off balance it's over.  So at 265, it's tough to say Blair is an every down type tackle.  I don't know his current weight.  I think 275 - 280 would be the goal this year but as of spring he wasn't close to that.

58 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Pluto.TV.  is carrying the Big Sky interviews live.  last Night I watched parts of the Weber and SUtah game from last year as well as UNI vs EWU.  I really like this Pluto.TV.  The commish has delivered on project.

What channel on pluto? 

Found it, 230 and 231

Edited by sprig

9 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

My understanding on Blair-  very good feet, very good run blocker, even at 265, but at 265 pass blocking is concern in that he gets lifted, and when a d lineman gets an o lineman off balance it's over.  So at 265, it's tough to say Blair is an every down type tackle.  I don't know his current weight.  I think 275 - 280 would be the goal this year but as of spring he wasn't close to that.

I wonder how much he's eating. I had a really hard time gaining much weight for my first few year until I figured out just how much I had to consume to overcome my metabolism. FYI it was obscene how much I had to eat, but it worked.

1 minute ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Just over six fricking weeks till the opening game!. Can it be so? How long has it been since UND has had all this preseason hype? I am pumped!

I am so stoked to head out to Utah. I have a feeling the tailgating will be a lot of fun. Most Utah fans seem to be a lot like ours: Very welcoming and will get you fed and drunk...then the games starts and we are enemies. I can't wait either!

11 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

For what it's worth:

UND Today is out with a new story about the Game Day Experience Committee, which met yesterday.

http://blogs.und.edu/und-today/2017/07/fan-tastic-experience/

A 31 person committee? Really?   I honestly am very skeptical of any committee larger than 6 to 10 people.  Anything larger just shouts to me that it will get bogged down in never ending discussion.   Also, what I see here is most likely a lot of people who will have some big ideas.  That's excellent! Big ideas are great and some of these people are successful because of their ideas, however, ideas are one thing and implementation is another and often tied to having the dollars to do it.  Last time I checked we have very few dollars to implement things with the new budget UND and Athletics have.  Hopefully, they can be super creative or those on the committee who have the where-with-all can aid with the dollars necessary when it comes to implementing.  Because often is the case you have to spend money to make money, but the sad reality right now from my understanding is that there is little or no money to spend.  Not sure how they get around that one at this point in time.

Super pumped to see the pre-season polls.  It's great to see that this program has arrived to the point that it has the target on it's back.  Now let's take the next step and handle being the team that is being the hunted.