SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Season

F'n Hawks

6 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

That really might not even be that bold of a prediction considering we almost did it last year with the OL struggling most of the season. 

Heres a question: has there ever been a team with 3 1000 yard backs?

2009 Nevada became the first team in college football to have 3 1,000 yard rushers. One of them was Colin Kapernick.

https://www.buckeyeplanet.com/forum/threads/nevada-becomes-first-team-in-ncaa-history-to-have-3-1-000-yard-rushers-in-a-season.617818/

2 hours ago, darell1976 said:

2009 Nevada became the first team in college football to have 3 1,000 yard rushers. One of them was Colin Kapernick.

https://www.buckeyeplanet.com/forum/threads/nevada-becomes-first-team-in-ncaa-history-to-have-3-1-000-yard-rushers-in-a-season.617818/

Pretty shocking a kid can rush for 1000 yards when he spends so much time on his knee.

• Upvote 4

So kind of off topic, but I an trying to figure out how it's gonna work for the 2018 and 2019 seasons.  We will be playing a Big Sky schedule but technically UND will be an Independent those 2 years.  We can't win the conference or get the playoff autobid, I get that.  But, how does that work for teams playing us?  Are those "conference games"?  Since we aren't in the Big Sky and are classified as an independent, do our games against  Big Sky teams count as conference games for the schools playing us?  For example, when Montana St plays us in 2018 and say they win, does it count as a conference win?  Or will they technically only have 7 conference games that year.  If that is the case, there will be 8 teams with only 7 conference games for those 2 years and 6 with 8 conference games.  

Unless I am getting bad information, but the most recent article by undsports.com is why I am wondering these things?

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=211649292

" The Fighting Hawks' 2017 Big Sky campaign will be their final one as the reigning league champions will transition to an Independent status for 2018 and 2019"

I guess I was under the impression that UND would be an "Affiliate member" of the Big Sky but could not win a Big Sky Championship like other affiliate members UC Davis and Cal Poly.  But if they are technically classified as an Independent, that is going to cause issues in the Big Sky as far as conference records go.

Just curios.  Hopefully someone can provide some clarification!

15 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So kind of off topic, but I an trying to figure out how it's gonna work for the 2018 and 2019 seasons.  We will be playing a Big Sky schedule but technically UND will be an Independent those 2 years.  We can't win the conference or get the playoff autobid, I get that.  But, how does that work for teams playing us?  Are those "conference games"?  Since we aren't in the Big Sky and are classified as an independent, do our games against  Big Sky teams count as conference games for the schools playing us?  For example, when Montana St plays us in 2018 and say they win, does it count as a conference win?  Or will they technically only have 7 conference games that year.  If that is the case, there will be 8 teams with only 7 conference games for those 2 years and 6 with 8 conference games.  

Unless I am getting bad information, but the most recent article by undsports.com is why I am wondering these things?

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=211649292

" The Fighting Hawks' 2017 Big Sky campaign will be their final one as the reigning league champions will transition to an Independent status for 2018 and 2019"

I guess I was under the impression that UND would be an "Affiliate member" of the Big Sky but could not win a Big Sky Championship like other affiliate members UC Davis and Cal Poly.  But if they are technically classified as an Independent, that is going to cause issues in the Big Sky as far as conference records go.

Just curios.  Hopefully someone can provide some clarification!

I could be wrong, but my understanding is we are still technically in the Big Sky, so they would be conference games. We just are not eligible to win the Big Sky Championship or the auto bid- We could roll undefeated through the conference schedule and be at the top of the standings, but would not be the conference champions.

Could be wrong, but that was my understanding.

2 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

I could be wrong, but my understanding is we are still technically in the Big Sky, so they would be conference games. We just are not eligible to win the Big Sky Championship or the auto bid- We could roll undefeated through the conference schedule and be at the top of the standings, but would not be the conference champions.

Could be wrong, but that was my understanding.

That's my understanding as well. I hadn't heard anything about being an independent until the article came out about the home and home with Montana,  which I believe is wrong. The original term used to classify the football team's status for those two years was "affiliate member". 

8 minutes ago, MadScout03 said:

That's my understanding as well. I hadn't heard anything about being an independent until the article came out about the home and home with Montana,  which I believe is wrong. The original term used to classify the football team's status for those two years was "affiliate member". 

But technically not a true "affiliate member" like Cal Poly and UC Davis as they can still win the conference championship and get the autobid.  So basically an affiliate member with none of the benefits.  We get to play a Big Sky schedule, but that's about it.

We will be the Notre Dame of the FCS for 2 years!! ;)

4 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

But technically not a true "affiliate member" like Cal Poly and UC Davis as they can still win the conference championship and get the autobid.  So basically an affiliate member with none of the benefits.  We get to play a Big Sky schedule, but that's about it.

We will be the Notre Dame of the FCS for 2 years!! ;)

So we get the interlocking ND back, and we can use the "Fighting (insert hostile and abusive term here)" nickname again?!?!?!

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

So we get the interlocking ND back, and we can use the "Fighting (insert hostile and abusive term here)" nickname again?!?!?!

Haha I wish but we wouldn't be allowed to host any playoff games. Remember, we were a top 8 seed last year without the Big Sky Auto Bid. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

Only seniors I believe that are getting nfl draft attention, which is why Gubrud is not on this list. Reyes not in the top 15 is a mystery however.

I could be wrong, but I thought it was for seniors.

Is Rozenboom a senior? Pretty sure he's only going to be a soph.