SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Season

F'n Hawks

18 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

You must be referring to that Nate guy on that page......yeah he is a d*ck.  It's Montana guys like him that make me dislike them almost as much as NDSU. 

I get what you mean. Other than Bison Dan the NDSU posters on here have become very tolerable and most actually add to the conversation. A couple of years ago that was not the case. Some of these Montana fans are real turds.

16 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Yo Greibel, do you even lift?

Kid looks like a shorter version of eric decker. 

When I see a kid that hasn't even got college weights under his belt and he already looks like this, it tells me the kid has some serious discipline and work ethic.

Can we have griebel get wanzek to bulk up like this, the kid would be unstoppable.

2 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Freshman report today! Anyone going to be posting any updates?

I hope everyone shows up - we sure don't need any last-minute no-shows!

As school hasn't started and these kids aren't in summer school, do they need to pay for their room/board until September?

2 hours ago, UND Fan said:

As school hasn't started and these kids aren't in summer school, do they need to pay for their room/board until September?

I was wondering that as well. 

2 hours ago, UND Fan said:

Pretty sure summer school is separate from normal scholarships. I'd guess there are some funds available, but no clue how much. I know that a focus of all sports, not just football, is increasing funds available for summer scholarships to keep kids around. Summer school is a pretty huge deal as it allows different access between players and staff that they wouldn't get if they weren't enrolled.

4 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Pretty sure summer school is separate from normal scholarships. I'd guess there are some funds available, but no clue how much. I know that a focus of all sports, not just football, is increasing funds available for summer scholarships to keep kids around. Summer school is a pretty huge deal as it allows different access between players and staff that they wouldn't get if they weren't enrolled.

You are correct, they have some extra dollars to spend on the incoming freshman.  They get enrolled for the next summer session that starts on Monday and afforded room/board as well.   All other players are on their own for the summer.

1 hour ago, ND1 said:

Summer workouts resume Monday morning.  I believe the official fall camp starts August 1st.  

That will be their welcome to hell moment. I remember guys thinking they were in great shape when they came in. Get the garbage cans ready, Baukol's workout tempo is a different animal.

Hero Sports writer predicting all conference winners. For the Big Sky he has picked the good guys. Pressure to stay on the tops seems to be building. What is the consensus around here? Do we have the tools to stay on top, or are we a backup or two away from the depth we really need?

http://herosports.com/fcs-football/predicting-every-2017-conference-champion-in-the-fcs-bzbz

23 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Hero Sports writer predicting all conference winners. For the Big Sky he has picked the good guys. Pressure to stay on the tops seems to be building. What is the consensus around here? Do we have the tools to stay on top, or are we a backup or two away from the depth we really need?

http://herosports.com/fcs-football/predicting-every-2017-conference-champion-in-the-fcs-bzbz

"A stacked running game and elite secondary should carry them [UND] this year." 

Wasn't too long ago you'd get laughed out of the room with a statement like that. My how things change. 

• Upvote 4