SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Season

F'n Hawks

It was mentioned in another thread (2-deep defensive starters) that Flowers was no longer listed on the roster.  FWIW, he is listed on what seems to be an updated 2017 roster. The same roster omits Poole, Tim Ryan (who we already knew bolted), WR Carter Blackwell, and walk ons: OL Devan Hunt, LB Matt Marler and Punter Jacob Meeks.

It also doesn't include Walk-on Grafton product Zak Hernandez at WR.

It should be noted that there are usually add ons at the start of fall camp and more add ons once school starts again.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

It was mentioned in another thread (2-deep defensive starters) that Flowers was no longer listed on the roster.  FWIW, he is listed on what seems to be an updated 2017 roster. The same roster omits Poole, Tim Ryan (who we already knew bolted), WR Carter Blackwell, and walk ons: OL Devan Hunt, LB Matt Marler and Punter Jacob Meeks.

It also doesn't include Walk-on Grafton product Zak Hernandez at WR.

It should be noted that there are usually add ons at the start of fall camp and more add ons once school starts again.

Good info! This team really needs Flowers depth at safety.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TBR said:

Let the Utes look in the mirror and tell themselves how wonderful they are. That is what Wyoming did two years ago.

I recall reading message boards prior to that game and they all said we didn't have a chance. Wyoming fans were really nice and accommodating (much like ours), but there were a couple before the game that gave me some crap.

I think the Utah fans will be fun to party with as they seem a lot like our fans.

3 hours ago, TBR said:

Let the Utes look in the mirror and tell themselves how wonderful they are. That is what Wyoming did two years ago.

You comparing a multiple time BCS bowl winning program to Wyoming?

1 hour ago, JohnboyND7 said:

You comparing a multiple time BCS bowl winning program to Wyoming?

No, I am saying let them assume they only need show up like Wyoming did. With that said, the fans in Laramie treated me better than any fan base I've ever visited at that game.

12 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

To clarify for the trolls - Wyoming, at the time we played them and Utah, 2017, not even close to each other as a program.  But yes, an over confident opponent can be good for us.

WYO was complete ass that year. Didn't require even close to a perfect game to beat them.

22 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

To clarify for the trolls - Wyoming, at the time we played them and Utah, 2017, not even close to each other as a program.  But yes, an over confident opponent can be good for us.

If Coach Schmidt has the defense ready to roll(ILB & DB depth) and we can get an early lead, we can win.  Is a great test to see how far up Bubba has taken the program.  Will be  a lot of fun no matter what happens.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

And here we were all worried you weren't following UND football in the off season.....

I have come out of hiding now that I can go to bed without having nightmares of the Irish getting thumped by Denver. 

8 questions for the offense:

1. Will Aplin/Rooney take the next step, as centers tend to do, following their first year of steady action (I refer back to Boas as a recent example of huge progression from year 1 to 2?

2. Will Studsrud settle down in the pocket early this year and make the routine look, well, routine? 

3. Is Grady the missing link that adds talent and depth at the line so the surge can be more reminiscent of 2015?

4. Is Johanneson the real deal?

5. Can our big rangy wide outs add superb blocking on the outside to their list of attributes (I feel that this is an underrated skill that Top FCS teams do really well)?

6. What will the backup QBs bring to the table this year?

7. Will Demun emerge as a lethal long range weapon for the entire year?

8. What impact will speedsters McKinney and Adeoti (speculating that RS will be pulled) have on this year's offense?

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

1. Will Aplin/Rooney take the next step, as centers tend to do, following their first year of steady action (I refer back to Boas as a recent example of huge progression from year 1 to 2?

2. Will Studsrud settle down in the pocket early this year and make the routine look, well, routine? 

3. Is Grady the missing link that adds talent and depth at the line so the surge can be more reminiscent of 2015?

5. Can our big rangy wide outs add superb blocking on the outside to their list of attributes (I feel that this is an underrated skill that Top FCS teams do really well)?

8. What impact will speedsters McKinney and Adeoti (speculating that RS will be pulled) have on this year's offense?

All of those are fine questions. It will be an interesting lead-up, as usual, to the first game in Utah.

2 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

Yes

• Upvote 1