SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Season

F'n Hawks

6 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I am wondering, with all the hype for 2017, what you would consider a successful season. First off, win the conference. Second, secure a bye in the playoffs and with it a 2nd round home playoff game. I would like a third round home game in the playoffs. I would consider it to be very successful season at this point.

Winning a playoff game is a must to be considered a successful season, preferably a second round win at home like you suggest.  If we had to play in the first round and won, and then lost in the second round though.....that would be disappointing.   While getting a playoff win would be nice....not advancing past the second round wouldn't be able to be considered a success. Winning a third round playoff game, that would definitely be considered a success.  If our OL comes together though, we'll all hope for even more than that though. 

10 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Winning a playoff game is a must to be considered a successful season, preferably a second round win at home like you suggest.  If we had to play in the first round and won, and then lost in the second round though.....that would be disappointing.   While getting a playoff win would be nice....not advancing past the second round wouldn't be able to be considered a success. Winning a third round playoff game, that would definitely be considered a success.  If our OL comes together though, we'll all hope for even more than that though. 

The goal every year from now on should be to get a top 8 seed in the FCS playoffs and have that first round bye and a guaranteed home playoff game.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

The goal every year from now on should be to get a top 8 seed in the FCS playoffs and have that first round bye and a guaranteed home playoff game.

I agree; this is now the bottomline expectation (Great job Bubba and staff). Beyond the expectation, the goal is obviously an FCS national championship.

No different with UND men's hockey; every season one expects UND to be in the national tournamant but the goal is still a national championship. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Kind of wish they didn't change their offensive coordinator and still were more of a running team since stopping the run is where we generally excel.  And with their OL having 4 new starters we could possibly give them some fits running the ball, however our ILB's are a little inexperienced as well so we might not be as good against the run this year early in the year as we normally are.  But our defensive line can still hopefully cause some havoc and get some pressure on the QB and make him make some poor choices which lead to INT's.  Sounds like he was a little inconsistent last year, and with a new offense hopefully they won't be clicking right out of the gate, we'll need to capitalize on those situations when they occur. 

I fully agree because stopping the run is our strong suit but like you said we have some inexperienced ILB's. Then again it looks like we will have an even stronger secondary so my hope is we are able to limit the big plays more this season. 

We all saw what an inexperienced o line can and cannot do early in the season so I am hoping we use this to our advantage.

14 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

I fully agree because stopping the run is our strong suit but like you said we have some inexperienced ILB's. Then again it looks like we will have an even stronger secondary so my hope is we are able to limit the big plays more this season. 

We all saw what an inexperienced o line can and cannot do early in the season so I am hoping we use this to our advantage.

How about Harris with a pick 6 against an FBS school to start the year and back up some of the high praise and projections from some of the national FCS columnists! 

5 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

How about Harris with a pick 6 against an FBS school to start the year and back up some of the high praise and projections from some of the national FCS columnists! 

Here's to hoping their new OC wants to #chuckthepigskin

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Game times released for UND's two out-of-conference road games: 

@ Utah: 6:30 PM CT, August 31, 2017 (TV: PAC12 Network) 

@South Dakota: 2:00 PM CT, September 16, 2017 (TV: Midco and ESPN3)

OK, so a couple questions:

1. Who if anyone carries PAC12 network in the upper Midwest region? Midco? Directv? Dishnetwork?

2. Will all other games (other than USD and UU) be on Big Sky webcast?

18 minutes ago, TBR said:

1. Who if anyone carries PAC12 network in the upper Midwest region? Midco? Directv? Dishnetwork?

From the little research I did, at least in ND, the only way you can get PAC12 is if you have Dish Network. What a disaster of a network to not be on Directv, I doubt there's any bars that use Dish Network. It's 2017 and a lot of people will be stuck listening to it on the radio.

This is sort of a bummer because even though I am going I was hoping this one could be picked up nationally because it is a Thursday game ahead of opening Saturday. 

A few weeks ago I told my Dad I was going and he expressed interest in watching it. This stinks because he has been on the Bison bandwagon and is now showing interest in UND Football. I am on a personal mission to turn him on to the better shade of green and this doesn't exactly help.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, TBR said:

This isn't exactly the upper Midwest, but I get the PAC-12 network here in Missouri with Time Warner/Spectrum.

42 minutes ago, AJS said:

From the little research I did, at least in ND, the only way you can get PAC12 is if you have Dish Network. What a disaster of a network to not be on Directv, I doubt there's any bars that use Dish Network. It's 2017 and a lot of people will be stuck listening to it on the radio.

Everyone, contact you nearest BWW manager.  They put the Stoneybrook game on for me last year with audio and that was just a live stream.  Shouldn't be an issue, get 15-20 guys together and guarantee BWW you will be eating and drinking for 4-5 hours, done deal.

22 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Does Pac12 have an app for streaming boxes? Anything like Big10?

Yes, but like Big10 I think you need cable carrier to be able to access.  Or borrow someone's login.

46 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Everyone, contact you nearest BWW manager.  They put the Stoneybrook game on for me last year with audio and that was just a live stream.  Shouldn't be an issue, get 15-20 guys together and guarantee BWW you will be eating and drinking for 4-5 hours, done deal.

I think the problem this year is you need Sling tv to stream it online, so it's not like 99.9% of the other sporting options where you can just pay $10 to see the feed. Bars won't have Sling tv -- this is really disappointing.

1 hour ago, TBR said:

2. The Montana game will not be on the Big Sky webcast because it is being telecast on ROOT.

43 minutes ago, AJS said:

I think the problem this year is you need Sling tv to stream it online, so it's not like 99.9% of the other sporting options where you can just pay $10 to see the feed. Bars won't have Sling tv -- this is really disappointing.

I'm pretty sure I can get a sling tv app through Roku, so does that mean I should be able to watch this? Or not so much?

18 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

I'm pretty sure I can get a sling tv app through Roku, so does that mean I should be able to watch this? Or not so much?

I looked at the Sling website just for grins and giggles and I did not see an icon for PAC12 under "sports", granted I did not look very closely.

20 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

This is sort of a bummer because even though I am going I was hoping this one could be picked up nationally because it is a Thursday game ahead of opening Saturday. 

I am still holding out hope that espn will pick this game up. There are several games that night but only a couple that might be considered higher profile than UND vs. UU.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, TBR said:

I am still holding out hope that espn will pick this game up. There are several games that night but only a couple that might be considered higher profile than UND vs. UU.

I imagine this would be slim to none, but I also hope that since the options for the PAC 12 are so few in ND / SD, that they might allow Midco to pick up the feed. Doubt it though.

A day later and I'm still mad about this situation. It's insane that 2 out of the last 3 FBS games UND has played in have either  (1) No stream / ways to watch (2) Basically No stream / ways to watch, based on the PAC 12 being an embarrassment of a network

• Upvote 1