SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Season

F'n Hawks

2 minutes ago, the green team said:

Actually, not even close to the case.  They've done many campaigns.  I recall a few years ago, they did a campaign in June or July where you could order your tickets and the coach's would deliver them to you in 30 minutes or less... oryou got them free.  (by the way, if they would have had just been caught up at the light for a few more minutes I would have a had a free pair) Winning, and  a program and staff trying to do it the right way is what is driving this.  There have been many campaigns and many dollars to support those campaigns but if it fits your narrative, that's fine I guess.  I'm just glad we are getting more sold and hope to see more sold as the summer progresses.

I am talking about the Division 2 days, the 1990's and early to mid 2000's. FB was a red-headed stepchild on campus. Now it is changing for the better.

9 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I am talking about the Division 2 days, the 1990's and early to mid 2000's. FB was a red-headed stepchild on campus. Now it is changing for the better.

Early to mid-2000's? The Al was packed and UND was making deep playoff runs consistently. Football wasn't hockey, but it probably never will be. Nevertheless, football was pretty darn popular.

51 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

In the past, marketing and promotion for FB in general didn't even exist. The first mention of FB in the media was the week before the first home game. The tone of the advertising was: "Oh, by the way, our FB team has its first home game next weekend. Tickets are available if you are interested.". It is nice that they are seriously pushing the FB team. Bubba and his team deserve nothing less.

Couldn't agree more. In fact, given the current state of UND athletics, I'd argue UND football should have by far the most marketing in terms of investment. UND hockey has already built and established their following to impressive levels. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Early to mid-2000's? The Al was packed and UND was making deep playoff runs consistently. Football wasn't hockey, but it probably never will be. Nevertheless, football was pretty darn popular.

I also remember some playoff games (and not during Thanksgiving weekend either) where the attendance was a little above 5,000. Dale Lennon commented on it publicly at least once.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I also remember some playoff games (and not during Thanksgiving weekend either) where the attendance was a little above 5,000. Dale Lennon commented on it publicly at least once.

wow, I don't really remember that, but it has been a while. Glad to see things improving now. Obviously, the playoff game last fall hurt, after controlling a good portion of the game, but I really hope they have an opportunity to make the playoffs with home field advantage this year. Tougher schedule this year, so if they do get a home playoff game, they will have earned it for sure.

10 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Be careful; I wouldn't build up that hypothetical wall. All it takes is a UND FCS national championship and things could change albeit temporarily. 

Win a national championship or two and get sports center up to GF for a game and it could change permanently.

9 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Be careful; I wouldn't build up that hypothetical wall. All it takes is a UND FCS national championship and things could change albeit temporarily. 

I'm not saying football can't be much bigger than it is. It is hard to seeing hockey ever taking a backseat to football, though I guess they shouldn't really be looked at as competing against each other anyway. Hockey has obviously been successful in competition and with the fans. If football can replicate that kind of following; I'm all for it.

And you are correct with what an FCS championship can do. All one has to do is look at how much, and how fast NDSU tailgating has changed over the past 5-6 years. Pretty cool really. Would love to see that kind of following and passion with UND football. Don't have to like them, but even in Mpls, it is tough to go anywhere and not see someone where Bison apparel.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

The Alerus had maybe 6000 for the first playoff game ever. It was not always packed. It was great for some games but the tales of the good old days are often stretched a little.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

The Alerus had maybe 6000 for the first playoff game ever. It was not always packed. It was great for some games but the tales of the good old days are often stretched a little.

I guess my memory is skewed. I know I always had fun at those games; particularly the home playoff game against North Alabama. If I remember that one correctly, they had a star player suspended for the game. I want to say something drug related, but don't remember if it was a recreation drug or a PED or what. I just remember it was a lot of fun. Especially because it sealed a trip to Florence for the championship game. Also had a ton of fun on that trip as a Freshman in college.

• Upvote 1

Whats the best way to get good season tickets for football?

I think I'm going to do the Bismarck-Grand Forks drive for all the football games this year!

Ticketmaster doesn't seem to have many seats available for any good seats.  Is there any other option to buy tickets that would have more available?

I'm looking for 2 seats

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, fightingsioux08 said:

I think I'm going to do the Bismarck-Grand Forks drive for all the football games this year!

Ticketmaster doesn't seem to have many seats available for any good seats.  Is there any other option to buy tickets that would have more available?

I'm looking for 2 seats

What's are you thinking as far as "good" in the Alerus Center?  

55 minutes ago, fightingsioux08 said:

I'm looking for 2 seats

I would just google a seating chart for the Alerus, and call the box office at the Ralph. They will usually take the time to talk you through it. We talked with them extensively so we could get 16 seats together this year (8 & 8 on top of each other), so our tailgate group could stay together, so in my experience, they are very willing to work with you.

14 minutes ago, fightingsioux08 said:

That's fine. All 3 games I went to last year were at the 20 yd line and it would be nice to get a little closer to mid field

I agree with what @ericpnelson just posted above. Call the Ralph Englestad Arena Ticket Office and they will work with you to find the best available options. If you're looking for something they don't have, it's probably too early to know yet if season ticket holders are willing to sell single game tickets or packages quite yet. Season ticket holders possess most seats between the 40s.  

• Upvote 1

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 2:26 PM, UND-FB-FAN said:

... or this, perhaps. Just a thought.

Go Hawks

Well yes, this too.  An FCS title would really drive the momentum forward. 

Still a bit nervous in a few spots but its more about inexperience than talent at this point.  If it all comes together, why not us?

My tickets are already purchased and it was a decent deal. Seats 60 rows up from the field for only $45 per ticket. Not bad considering they consistently sell out.

My group will be doing some tailgating so if anyone is heading out there let me know.

I am wondering, with all the hype for 2017, what you would consider a successful season. First off, win the conference. Second, secure a bye in the playoffs and with it a 2nd round home playoff game. I would like a third round home game in the playoffs. I would consider it to be very successful season at this point.

On 5/25/2017 at 9:00 AM, UNDColorado said:

SFI guys getting after it with a too early preview of Utah: http://siouxfb.areavoices.com/2017/05/25/a-look-at-the-utes/#comment-26276

Kind of wish they didn't change their offensive coordinator and still were more of a running team since stopping the run is where we generally excel.  And with their OL having 4 new starters we could possibly give them some fits running the ball, however our ILB's are a little inexperienced as well so we might not be as good against the run this year early in the year as we normally are.  But our defensive line can still hopefully cause some havoc and get some pressure on the QB and make him make some poor choices which lead to INT's.  Sounds like he was a little inconsistent last year, and with a new offense hopefully they won't be clicking right out of the gate, we'll need to capitalize on those situations when they occur. 

• Upvote 2