SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Season

F'n Hawks

On 5/9/2017 at 1:27 PM, geaux_sioux said:

Being light at ILB is a concern against teams with big OL and big RBs that pound the rock up the gut but against the majority of college teams we will be better against the pass and outside runs. It's a catch 22, we are in good hands so I'm not concerned.

Spot on.   The talent and coaching is there but it's the big grind it out, lean on you types of teams that have me a little concerned. The speed will undoubtedly help more then hurt.... plus it should be fun/entertaining to watch them flying around.  Should be a record setting "sack city" season!!  

15 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Even good quarterbacks have bad days.

especially when they play against good defense.  He plays in a weak conference so his number look very rose.  Still he is a good QB but maybe over rated as #1.

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

It's great to have a and be excited about a football program like this, oh and hopefully the Bizon slip a little more again this coming season.

I would rather catch them vs. having them slip.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

That is outstanding!  In the past, marketing and promotion for season tickets were just getting rolling about now.  At this point, we've already added an entire full section (field level to nosebleed) with new season ticket holders.  Way to go, Bubba and crew!  Can't wait for Mo State to waltz in on Sept. 9 for Potato Bowl.  I hope they have visions of how we looked when we played them last in Springfield -- just before they get smacked in the mouth. 

In the past, marketing and promotion for FB in general didn't even exist. The first mention of FB in the media was the week before the first home game. The tone of the advertising was: "Oh, by the way, our FB team has its first home game next weekend. Tickets are available if you are interested.". It is nice that they are seriously pushing the FB team. Bubba and his team deserve nothing less.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

That is outstanding!  In the past, marketing and promotion for season tickets were just getting rolling about now.  At this point, we've already added an entire full section (field level to nosebleed) with new season ticket holders.  Way to go, Bubba and crew!  Can't wait for Mo State to waltz in on Sept. 9 for Potato Bowl.  I hope they have visions of how we looked when we played them last in Springfield -- just before they get smacked in the mouth. 

I'm hoping for a little payback, as I drove down to Springfield to witness that drubbing that we took 3 years ago.  Wasn't pretty, but that was just at the start of Bubba's regime.  Hoping to be in the Forks for the return match.

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

In the past, marketing and promotion for FB in general didn't even exist. The first mention of FB in the media was the week before the first home game. The tone of the advertising was: "Oh, by the way, our FB team has its first home game next weekend. Tickets are available if you are interested.". It is nice that they are seriously pushing the FB team. Bubba and his team deserve nothing less.

Actually, not even close to the case.  They've done many campaigns.  I recall a few years ago, they did a campaign in June or July where you could order your tickets and the coach's would deliver them to you in 30 minutes or less... oryou got them free.  (by the way, if they would have had just been caught up at the light for a few more minutes I would have a had a free pair) Winning, and  a program and staff trying to do it the right way is what is driving this.  There have been many campaigns and many dollars to support those campaigns but if it fits your narrative, that's fine I guess.  I'm just glad we are getting more sold and hope to see more sold as the summer progresses.

• Upvote 1