SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Season

F'n Hawks

29 minutes ago, Beausmom said:

Hello all, this is Jennifer, Elijah's mom. First of all, thank you to those who support my son going back to UND, I truly appreciate your positive thoughts and I will include you in my prayers.  "Geaux Sioux" prbly said it best by asking if it was everybody's business? Unless you were trying to fulfill your 100% scholarship, earned your starting position as a true freshman at this level and had a newborn baby to support and you never wavered, then by all means, question my son's "motives" question his integrity, question his character. He's a kid, who is now a father. You don't know the half of it, he came home and completed classes at our local tribal community college and maintained a full time job to help his  baby Kinsley. He knows now that in order to fully support her the rest of his life, he needs an education. He comes from educated people, I have a bachelors and masters from Minot State and have taught for 20 years. He knows the value of an education. Instead of assuming, message me and I'll let you know. Just the way some of you assume he has lived his whole life on this reservation, really?? He went to grade school in Minneapolis and attended the Mandan Public Schools where he did very well, thank you.

In this day of so many single parent families, I can't fathom how some of the posters on this board can take a position that it is wrong to be a father to your child. It just makes no freaking sense that some people think football is more important than being a complete person and choosing your priorities wisely.

Thank you for being a good role model for a young man who will obviously be a good role model, not only for his child, but also for people in your home town and the young people who are fans of UND who will be able to see that some choices are difficult, but the right decision will benefit the important people in the long run.

Here's hoping Mr Grady has a great career at UND followed by a successful pro career and some great opportunities in elementary education (eventually ;))

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Beausmom said:

Hello all, this is Jennifer, Elijah's mom. First of all, thank you to those who support my son going back to UND, I truly appreciate your positive thoughts and I will include you in my prayers.  "Geaux Sioux" prbly said it best by asking if it was everybody's business? Unless you were trying to fulfill your 100% scholarship, earned your starting position as a true freshman at this level and had a newborn baby to support and you never wavered, then by all means, question my son's "motives" question his integrity, question his character. He's a kid, who is now a father. You don't know the half of it, he came home and completed classes at our local tribal community college and maintained a full time job to help his  baby Kinsley. He knows now that in order to fully support her the rest of his life, he needs an education. He comes from educated people, I have a bachelors and masters from Minot State and have taught for 20 years. He knows the value of an education. Instead of assuming, message me and I'll let you know. Just the way some of you assume he has lived his whole life on this reservation, really?? He went to grade school in Minneapolis and attended the Mandan Public Schools where he did very well, thank you.

It's great fun to go back and watch his high school highlight film. I am 100% certain that everyone on this board wants Elijah to succeed in life, in school and on the field in that order. 

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, Hawks_Win_Again said:

The Hawks will show up to pull the Thursday "upset" ... But this game will be won/lost from the press box... Out scheme 'em (with no tendencies to refer to...)  as they will believe base looks are good enough to beat us.  Make them wrong....get them frustrated on both sides of the ball. Week one special teams are typically not polished either....we need to check that box in our favor to ice it.

Can't wait.......        GO HAWKS !!!!   BRING IT !!!!

God dang it, you brought me the special teams scaries for me on this one.

Specials HAS to be better this year. No blocked punts, better kickoff coverage, etc....

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, 77iceman said:

I wouldn't even let Keaton suit up for this game!  Ok, I get that we want the win . . . but I'm worried for his life (and the rest of the season) with this matchup.

You folks are far too dreary for the direction that Bubba wants to take UND football. 

Kansas State went 11-2 in 2012. NDSU beat them in 2013.

Iowa went 12-2 in 2015. NDSU beat them in 2016.

Utah went 9-4 in 2016. UND has a fair chance in 2017 against them.

UND and Bubba need the "supporters" to feel UND can get a statement win with 2017 Utah game. UND has the experience to get this done if they are confident and catch a couple breaks during the game. Not play starting players? I'm going to just take that as pure sarcasm. 

• Upvote 1

If I was smart enough to know all the different groups that comprise a football team I would list them. It seems like we have a good chance to be better and have more depth at these positions: Quarterback, running back, tight end, offensive line, defensive line, linebackers, safeties, special teams - what did I miss? In other words, it appears we will be better in all the positions in 2017 compared to 2016.:):silly:

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

I think Demon is a guard but yeah that lineup looks promising.

Yeah flip flow Grady and Demon and you're good. I'll accept Grady may need to knock of the rust a bit (just like a lot of players in the opener), but the kid is an athlete and a competitor. He'll be laying out some key blocks for "so long" Santiago again this season. Can't wait!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 77iceman said:

I wouldn't even let Keaton suit up for this game!  Ok, I get that we want the win . . . but I'm worried for his life (and the rest of the season) with this matchup.

Probably shouldn't play Santiago, Oliveira, Gordon, JJ either. While we are at it lets keep Reyes and Harris on the bench too. Maybe we go with an all back up lineup for this game .....

joking with you obviously, but when it is time for the selection show, I'll feel much better about our chances of getting the #1 overall seed, with that FBS win, rather than a "quality" loss.

1 hour ago, Beausmom said:

We are all pulling for Elijah and you are right, it is nobody else's business.

This! 

Thanks for posting. Sounds like your kid stepped up big time as an adult and did what he needed to do. Don't mind some of the "critics" on here. From a football perspective, Elijah was a blast to watch as a Freshman, and as a fan, I am very excited to see him coming back.

Elijah is a young man that has accepted his challenges the Good Lord has presented him with.  Elijah is developing a sound character by accepting responsibility.  He will be successful both on and off the field.  Good parenting has helped him through this process.  I have a very good friend that know Elijah and his parents and speaks very highly of all the family.  God Bless.

I think there's a good possibility you could see Grady moved to LT.  Assuming he can make the transition and he comes back in good shape and earns his way back to a starting position.  The kid is good enough to know and play both sides I think if nothing else for depth etc.  I'd like to see him on Studsrud's blindside......IF he earns and proves he can do it. 

7 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Are those all of the wins out of 113 (foxsports.com) FCS vs FBS matchups in 2016?  I guess that's one win better than 2015.