SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Season

F'n Hawks

9 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

So, according to SFI, the Eastern Washington and South Dakota State vultures tried to sneak in and grab Grady. Makes me sick but that is the way college football works these days. Glad Grady is sticking with the staff and program that stuck with him all along; welcome back to THE University of North Dakota. 

The article also said NDSU made a call. This shows how big of a talent this man is. He has so much potential for his football career and for his future occupational career. I can't wait to see him play another 3 years and by the end of that he may be playing on Sundays or at the very least becoming a huge role model for the MHA nation. Good luck to Mr Grady, can't wait to see you play this fall!

9 hours ago, Dagger said:

The upward trend that seems to be happening with a lot of our sports programs has to be driving a certain fan base nuts.  You know the fan base a little south of here.  Fun times to be a UND sports fan. 

South Dakota Coyotes?

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

I think you missed the point. I took it as ... even though this certain team was sniffing around, they'll never publicly admit it, or worse yet, they will outright deny it.  It's a character thing.

That makes sense.

But before the "certain team" was added to the comments, there was some disgust with EWU and SDSU for talking to him.

5 hours ago, Cratter said:

Pump the brakes on pumping up a freshman who has shown a history of playing one year and quitting......hope the best for him...Seems like he could have a bright future. I'm cautiously optimistic.

He quit because he became a teenage daddy. I don't expect those circumstances to exist again!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, shep said:

He quit because he became a teenage daddy. I don't expect those circumstances to exist again!

Once a father always a father. His accountability and responsibility won't change when he hits 20 years of age.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Once a father always a father. His accountability and responsibility won't change when he hits 20 years of age.

That's absolutely true. Maybe having a kid and spending a year away led to him maturing quickly and changing his views on life. He may now realize the importance of an education in creating a better life for himself and most importantly his kid.

33 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

That's absolutely true. Maybe having a kid and spending a year away led to him maturing quickly and changing his views on life. He may now realize the importance of an education in creating a better life for himself and most importantly his kid.

Him being eligible for this year tells me he always understood the value of education.   Maybe he realized he has a real opportunity to make a career playing football if he puts in the work and wants to pursue it.  

What concerns me is he's been away from the game for 2 years.  Yea, some fundamentals come naturally, but a lot of other things you need to work on constantly to keep sharp.   I'm going to wait and watch how this works out and hope for the best.

One thing that encourages me about this upcoming season is DEPTH.  All across the offense and defense.  Some depth is not tested.  But injuries are a big part of the game and this team is better situated to handle injuries then ever before in the DI era. 

21 minutes ago, homer said:

Him being eligible for this year tells me he always understood the value of education.   Maybe he realized he has a real opportunity to make a career playing football if he puts in the work and wants to pursue it.  

I suppose you're right, I didn't look at it that way. Maybe school, football, being away from home, and a kid was too much to process at first. Some time away probably changed his perspective.

4 hours ago, homer said:

He has a real opportunity to get a nearly free education by playing football. By sticking with football he also has a chance  at the big league if he develops like we expect him to.

4 hours ago, TRex said:

What concerns me is he's been away from the game for 2 years.  Yea, some fundamentals come naturally, but a lot of other things you need to work on constantly to keep sharp.   I'm going to wait and watch how this works out and hope for the best.

I think I'm the article it said that he tried boxing. I'm hoping he is in decent shape after this break and trained even a little. Either way he won't be a fresh as he was when he was a freshman. I think the step from HS as a running back to D1 is bigger than the resumption of a D1 career after a year break. Look at it as recovering from a long injury without he baggage of actually having a big injury. 

Im happy his family and friends have supported him coming back.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Cratter said:

Pump the brakes on pumping up a freshman who has shown a history of playing one year and quitting......hope the best for him...Seems like he could have a bright future. I'm cautiously optimistic.

It's his potential that has people excited. Bubba swooped in and snatched him up before anyone knew about him. He could end up being our Orlando Pace (HOF LT for the "Greatest Show on Turf" Rams).