SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Season

F'n Hawks

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

Five games as a UND starter and some have him going to the NFL. I am cautiously optimistic. I want him to suceed in life, the classroom and on the field.

Hard to argue that he could have been our best o lineman on our best o line in recent memory.  As a true freshman.  

We have seen what he can do.  Our run game improved significantly when he was getting starters minutes a few years back.  

52 minutes ago, UNDfan2013 said:

Hmmm....say one thing do another....that is a lapse of integrity and principle. 

I know this a fan board but there is much more message here than winning....oh and BTW the 2016 team won the Big Sky and went to the post season with the players that put their heart, soul, dedication and relentless effort for UND.  

Should probably know and understand the kids situation before passing too much judgement.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNDfan2013 said:

Hmmm....say one thing do another....that is a lapse of integrity and principle. 

I know this a fan board but there is much more message here than winning....oh and BTW the 2016 team won the Big Sky and went to the post season with the players that put their heart, soul, dedication and relentless effort for UND.  

1. 84c1e40ea0e759e3f1505eb1788ddf3c_default

UNDfan2013 replied to shep's topic in Football

Grady was stringing the coaches along and wouldn't make the commitment. Coaches gave him every opportunity and now it is time to move on.

Based on the above, I see your opinion of Grady hasn't changed in 9 months.  What do the other parents think?

So, according to SFI, the Eastern Washington and South Dakota State vultures tried to sneak in and grab Grady. Makes me sick but that is the way college football works these days. Glad Grady is sticking with the staff and program that stuck with him all along; welcome back to THE University of North Dakota. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

So, according to SFI, the Eastern Washington and South Dakota State vultures tried to sneak in and grab Grady. Makes me sick but that is the way college football works these days. Glad Grady is sticking with the staff and program that stuck with him all along; welcome back to THE University of North Dakota. 

I hope we kick the !@#$ out of EWU come years end.  Maurice's old position group runs for about 300.

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, homer said:

He still has to earn his spot like everyone else.  He left the team to handle a personal matter that a few men his age (or older) run away from.  

Competition bu position makes a team better.  I welcome him back. 

Agreed.  He didn't quit in the middle of the semester last year, finishing out his classes. He kept up with his schooling this year, meaning he should be eligible to play right away. Credit to him, would have been pretty easy to just walk away from it all. Hope it all works out for him. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

So, according to SFI, the Eastern Washington and South Dakota State vultures tried to sneak in and grab Grady.

Looks like there was also one other team. Queue the "we didn't really want him" and "his offer was pulled".... 

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Looks like there was also one other team. Queue the "we didn't really want him" and "his offer was pulled".... 

I have no issue with other teams going after him. He was NOT UND property and whenever a new coach comes in and players talk about leaving this board is all about checking those guys out.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, shep said:

I have no issue with other teams going after him. He was NOT UND property and whenever a new coach comes in and players talk about leaving this board is all about checking those guys out.

I think you missed the point. I took it as ... even though this certain team was sniffing around, they'll never publicly admit it, or worse yet, they will outright deny it.  It's a character thing.

• Upvote 1

Grady is a great addition. I wonder what the other players will think of him missing all the grunt work of spring ball and getting to play immediately.  Also not totally sold on JJ.  Olivera and Santiago are solid and Gordon is a very good back.  not ready to crown him yet

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, old school said:

Grady is a great addition. I wonder what the other players will think of him missing all the grunt work of spring ball and getting to play immediately.  Also not totally sold on JJ.  Olivera and Santiago are solid and Gordon is a very good back.  not ready to crown him yet

Sounds like he will be starting summer workouts with the team in late May, as long as he is working hard over the summer like the rest and has a good attitude I think they will accept him back just fine.  Kudos to Grady for keeping up on his school work while he was gone to put himself in position to play right away if he did decide to play football again.  

I think any 4 of our RB's could or maybe would be all conference RB's this fall if we were relying on just one guy and one guy got 80% of the touches.  With so much talent it will be spread around and none of our guys may have super huge numbers unless one guy really emerges as the definite lead back.  

38 minutes ago, old school said:

No one said he will be playing immediately.  He is eligible to play right away just like the rest.