SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Season

F'n Hawks

56 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Moving on to football. Lots of great UND sports to always be looking forward to!!!

Agreed, now that hockey is done I tend to turn my attention to football from now through the fall. I am feeling hopeful about this season as long as the OL takes a step forward!

41 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Agreed, now that hockey is done I tend to turn my attention to football from now through the fall. I am feeling hopeful about this season as long as the OL takes a step forward!

We all hope the OL takes a step forward. I'm looking forward to seeing how another year for all those boys works out.

1 minute ago, gundy1124 said:

Information on the Spring Game has been hard to come by.  I have heard inside the HPC at 5:00 on April 14th.  That's a Friday so how about the caveat of not 100% on my info.

This what I understand as well. I was really hoping for it to be at 6 central but I will make it work as long as it is streamed.

1 minute ago, gundy1124 said:

Information on the Spring Game has been hard to come by.  I have heard inside the HPC at 5:00 on April 14th.  That's a Friday so how about the caveat of not 100% on my info.

That is what's on the schedule

Check the spring football thread

32 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Spring game should be well attended.

Based on what - that's it is on Good Friday in the afternoon, that is is in a venue with no seating, that there has been virtually no promotion of it, or there is nothing going on around it to attract fans?

8 minutes ago, MoSiouxFan said:

It'd sure be nice if the SID would send a report after every spring practice like they used to.  I looked forward to them.

Agree, it sure would be nice to have a report somewhere.

I'm getting so tired of this and again, the GF Herald:

had an article in Saturdays paper about the neighbor's to the South FB team.

had an article in Sundays paper about the neighbor's to the South FB team.

had an article in today's paper by Kolpack about the Summit and Valley, and mostly about the friends to the south, especially in the inductory paragraphs, and of course in first sentence is SU football. UND is mentioned once in the 5th paragraph, and the friends to the south are mentioned through out the rest of the article.

I know the owneship setup, and their is a UND alumni in this? UND needs better coverage?

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Agree, it sure would be nice to have a report somewhere.

I'm getting so tired of this and again, the GF Herald:

had an article in Saturdays paper about the neighbor's to the South FB team.

had an article in Sundays paper about the neighbor's to the South FB team.

had an article in today's paper by Kolpack about the Summit and Valley, and mostly about the friends to the south, especially in the inductory paragraphs, and of course in first sentence is SU football. UND is mentioned once in the 5th paragraph, and the friends to the south are mentioned through out the rest of the article.

I know the owneship setup, and their is a UND alumni in this? UND needs better coverage?

Don't they not have a beat writer for the football team?  Pretty sure Tom Miller covers the most football, but does he have the same amount of time to put into it as Brad does hockey?  I think Tom's a columnist, right?  Which is different from Brad's job as a beat writer?

If that's not the case, I'd blame Tom for being bad at his job.

52 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Don't they not have a beat writer for the football team?  Pretty sure Tom Miller covers the most football, but does he have the same amount of time to put into it as Brad does hockey?  I think Tom's a columnist, right?  Which is different from Brad's job as a beat writer?

If that's not the case, I'd blame Tom for being bad at his job.

Coverage 'will ramp back up' I was told from UND.......pick up your phones guys, these people work for us.  Anyone have a contact at the Herald?  Are the SU articles in print or just on-line?

Welp, Hockey is over. Sucks to end the season that way. Sucks even more to have to wait so long to watch UND hockey again.

Good news, we keep inching toward football season. Can't wait to watch this team! Going to be another step forward this year.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Welp, Hockey is over. Sucks to end the season that way. Sucks even more to have to wait so long to watch UND hockey again.

Good news, we keep inching toward football season. Can't wait to watch this team! Going to be another step forward this year.

Salt Lake City isn't that far off!

8 hours ago, CMSioux said:

Based on what - that's it is on Good Friday in the afternoon, that is is in a venue with no seating, that there has been virtually no promotion of it, or there is nothing going on around it to attract fans?

This is also Jr. Day so it would be great if we had a nice crowd and made sure it was a well-run event!

23 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

Coverage 'will ramp back up' I was told from UND.......pick up your phones guys, these people work for us.  Anyone have a contact at the Herald?  Are the SU articles in print or just on-line?

Another article in GF Herald about our friends to the south FB team. These four days in a row articles are in print, not sure if online form. I'm seriously thinking of dropping this paper.