SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Season

F'n Hawks

3 hours ago, Fetch said:

I may have to become a real UND Football Fan

This year's Hockey has me stressed out - been to spoiled - need to feel like a winner again & I think Football is about to go on a winning run

Fetch with a blast of positivity? 

Who are you and how'd you get Fetch's password! 

:D

On 2/16/2017 at 4:55 PM, UND-FB-FAN said:

I completely agree.

The reason DI spring football games exist around the country is not so much for player and team development, although that is part of it, but rather to provide another fan opportunity and get the fan base excited for the upcoming season. Spring games allow for additional marketing of the program and that additional exposure only helps ticket sales in the fall, never hurts.

I'm not sure who is against hosting a spring game in the Alerus Center, but I do not agree with having it in the HPC when the games are played in the Alerus Center. Furthermore, the spring GAME, should resemble something of a GAME, even if the rules are altered some. The current situation is just a wasted opportunity as a spring game gives the fans something to be excited about, even if the game doesn't count and has minimal evaluation/practice purpose. 

I have a feeling the game isn't at the Alerus simply because of cost. The Alerus isn't free but the tickets are. I know this is a great opportunity for fans to get excited for the fall, but with all the budget talk, I have to imagine money has a lot to do with it. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Fetch said:

I may have to become a real UND Football Fan

This year's Hockey has me stressed out - been to spoiled - need to feel like a winner again & I think Football is about to go on a winning run

If you've got the hockey blues (yah, we're spoiled after a great run for many years by Haks and a natty by Berry last season)  then can also watch some UND hoops, men and women.  Men are really on a roll and looking good, the women never make it easy on themselves but manage to pull them out.

• Upvote 2

We lost a couple games last year that we probably should have won. We won more than a couple of games that required comebacks and a little luck. I like to think we will be a better team next year but wonder if that leads to more wins. There are quite a few things that have to go right. I think we now are developing a "winning" culture. Are we at a point where this will carry us through some of the tough situations we will run into next year and lead us to avoid losses? Will be fun to watch!

38 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

We lost a couple games last year that we probably should have won. We won more than a couple of games that required comebacks and a little luck. I like to think we will be a better team next year but wonder if that leads to more wins. There are quite a few things that have to go right. I think we now are developing a "winning" culture. Are we at a point where this will carry us through some of the tough situations we will run into next year and lead us to avoid losses? Will be fun to watch!

You raise a good question but one thing that really stuck out to me last year was the never quit attitude. Midway through the third quarter against NAU I would have bet a fortune that we would have lost but the team just kept grinding. If that mentality sticks around I feel we will be in a good spot.

Just now, UNDColorado said:

I was on the phone with one of my best friends from college who lives out here last night and we were scheming about that weekend. Should be a lot of fun!

After last season, plus this years recruiting, I cannot wait to start the season. This season is going to have more hype than last year. Keep building and building until you reach the top. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Just shows how far we've come. Never used to be worth spamming. Look at us now. 

Hopefully this doesn't become a North Korean incident where Bubba has Lowell taking out by some of his groupies with foreign substance on a rag. Just kidding of course, I know this is inappropriate. I had to say it though.