SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Season

F'n Hawks

18 hours ago, darell1976 said:

The address of that dome is 1101 North Dakota Street. 

It's more like N. Dakota St. and of course to the south of that is S. Dakota St. I really know know what the difference is, but a pup fan tried to explain that to me, something like it's Dakota St. with a north part and a south part, nothing to due with our state (North Dakota)

2 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Come on somebody - I need a 2017 UND football information fix. Does anyone have any relevant or irrelevant information to talk about. Doesn't need to be true. Anybody??:)

I was thinking the same thing, but was just telling myself......no news in the off season.....is probably good news! 

Spring football game this year is on Good Friday April 14th - I realize that scheduling around school and other timelines can be an issue but with the HPC they do have some flexablity. Since they've dropped any resemblance of fan activities associated with the game it almost seems like they want to make it hard for fans to get excited about football in the spring. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

I don't see it this way -  Reyes is the NFL guy if he stays healthy this season.  I see Reyes as high as 3rd round.  Harris maybe in the 6th/7th if he takes a step up this year, lacks closing speed with ball in air.  The big thing Harris has is height for his position.  The 3 picks for TDs is great for the stats, but without those the other 720 plays from last year don't scream 2nd round NFL.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

Since they've dropped any resemblance of fan activities associated with the game it almost seems like they want to make it hard for fans to get excited about football in the spring. 

I completely agree.

The reason DI spring football games exist around the country is not so much for player and team development, although that is part of it, but rather to provide another fan opportunity and get the fan base excited for the upcoming season. Spring games allow for additional marketing of the program and that additional exposure only helps ticket sales in the fall, never hurts.

I'm not sure who is against hosting a spring game in the Alerus Center, but I do not agree with having it in the HPC when the games are played in the Alerus Center. Furthermore, the spring GAME, should resemble something of a GAME, even if the rules are altered some. The current situation is just a wasted opportunity as a spring game gives the fans something to be excited about, even if the game doesn't count and has minimal evaluation/practice purpose. 

• Upvote 1