SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. BC - Saturday Gameday MSG ********

AZSIOUX

9 hours ago, franchise said:

I don't even see his facemask being grabbed.

That guy in the background seems to be enjoying it!

the BC player was down and Gardner grabbed his mask and pulled his head backk as he skated by, which is the result of the picture above. 

13 hours ago, hrkac said:

the BC player was down and Gardner grabbed his mask and pulled his head backk as he skated by, which is the result of the picture above. 

that's what I recall after watching the replays of that scrum.  it was deserved, and it was not a smart move by Gardner.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

It's actually impressive that you can't see any part of Gardner in the picture, must be lined up perfectly behind the BC player.

When they reviewed it, they probably zoomed in on the refs shield and ID'd Rhett by the reflection.  Review is getting high tech!

On 12/4/2016 at 11:52 AM, farce poobah said:

Dear Las Vegas,

You're going to need a bigger building.

Perhaps all the UND fans should tweet @BillFoleyHockey (the majority owner of the Golden Knights) and suggest he get the game moved to his new rink... I have little doubt we could sell it out.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

Perhaps all the UND fans should tweet @BillFoleyHockey (the majority owner of the Golden Knights) and suggest he get the game moved to his new rink... I have little doubt we could sell it out.

He is willing to help UNLV start a hockey team just doesn't want to do it all himself plus he's Keri g UNLV's club team play in his new practice arena when it's built.

On 12/5/2016 at 8:12 PM, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Here's the picture, looks clean to me :D

IMG_0654.JPG

Not sure what the problem was here. I believe Rhett was already skating away after (probably) taking some verbal abuse from the BC guy. That would be an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

Then you have this goon trying to take his helmet off on the ice, which would be delay of game, or possible unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

I also suspect that the BC player was actually wearing a Fighting Sioux t-shirt under his pads. A name a logo the NCAA frowns upon. He should probably be suspended for being hostile and abusive.

Basically, Jerry York needs to lose the eye patch, open his eyes, and get his players under control.

• Upvote 2

On 12/4/2016 at 0:13 AM, keikla said:

The atmosphere in the arena was amazing.  Someone please post a video from after one of the goals.  The majority of the fans were doing the little arm pump dance the student section  usually does and were singing along.  The place was just rocking. Minus a little quiet at the start of the 3rd, there were so many chants and cheers.

Let's see if this works...

• Upvote 2

I have this game DVR'd and didn't get to watch it fully when it was on live, so I'm watching some of it right now.  Anyone else that has it DVR'd care to tell me what Starman says with 17:40 left in the 2nd period?  If he says what I think he says, that might be the greatest line I've heard on a live broadcast!  He's talking about UND keeping players and shots to the perimeter, and says they even did well doing this against Michigan State where they ______________.  Can someone else watch it and please tell me that he says what I think he says!!!

• 1 month later...