SiouxSports.com Forum

GDT: North Dakota v. Richmond

bincitysioux

4 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

If people are going to give up on the program over one disappointing loss, then they probably weren't going to stick with the team anyway. This program is going in the right direction; we just need to build more depth and get our younger guys more experience. They will learn from this painful experience and they won't let it happen again.

Like I said before this team is no where nearly as good as they could be. We would all have a different attitude if Richmond has put up a better effort the entire game and showed they actually deserve to win. We got to be patient. We need to drop these boom or bust expectations.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Like I said before this team is no where nearly as good as they could be. We would all have a different attitude if Richmond has put up a better effort the entire game and showed they actually deserve to win. We got to be patient. We need to drop these boom or bust expectations.

I couldn't agree with you more. We'll get there. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will this program.

10 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

If people are going to give up on the program over one disappointing loss, then they probably weren't going to stick with the team anyway. This program is going in the right direction; we just need to build more depth and get our younger guys more experience. They will learn from this painful experience and they won't let it happen again.

I'm sure we will get some talent upgrades, but his body of work shows that we can rely on Rudolf to call the same stupid, losing game year after year.

5 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

The years to come look really good. This team was not good enough to win it all this year anyways and this game will be a great learning experience. Too bad we couldn't play two playoff games this year. This team will now have another chip on their back to motivate them next year. This wasn't the best team UND will have in the future as this team is young and has a ton of potential.

i think the missing link that may have helped us was the lack of defensive turnovers. Those really made a difference in the past games. I'm still proud of this team for a great season!

Agree with most of this. Playoff experience is great.  Season overall was great. Future looks great.  

And I would've even been happy with a loss if the team played even remotely close to its potential. 

Win it all?  Most likely not, but guarantee EWU prefers Richmond over us. This team had potential to make noise. 

Just now, HawkinNutts said:

Agree with most of this. Playoff experience is great.  Season overall was great. Future looks great.  

And I would've even been happy with a loss if the team played even remotely close to its potential. 

Win it all?  Most likely not, but guarantee EWU prefers Richmond over us. This team had potential to make noise. 

I think EWU was looking forward to completing big gains vs. our young and somewhat thin secondary. But I think they'll put up a lot of points vs. Richmond next week. They are a serious contender to make it to Frisco.

trick plays are for pussys and right now i thiink rudy is a pussy...first and ten, up 17, up 20 and your almost guaranteed a win, and you run a double reverse for minus seven yards...gutless call that bubba should fire him over...rudy and the special teams guy can back up and go back to minot and wherever you let free runners block punts....total garbage...give the ball to brady 40 times in this game and we win going away...

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

trick plays are for pussys and right now i thiink rudy is a pussy...first and ten, up 17, up 20 and your almost guaranteed a win, and you run a double reverse for minus seven yards...gutless call that bubba should fire him over...rudy and the special teams guy can back up and go back to minot and wherever you let free runners block punts....total garbage...give the ball to brady 40 times in this game and we win going away...

That flea flicker worked out pretty nice. That's the only way we could beat them over the top.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

That flea flicker worked out pretty nice. That's the only way we could beat them over the top.

5 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

one a game is fine...two are one too many...bubba said we would be a run the ball and play good defense but in this game he lied to us...rudy can go to hell

9 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

one a game is fine...two are one too many...bubba said we would be a run the ball and play good defense but in this game he lied to us...rudy can go to hell

So Rudolph isn't creative enough one day and then the next he's too flashy? I love how people look at results and then spin their narrative after the fact. Captain Hindsight strikes again. Maybe the WR should have caught some balls tonight? Or is that Rudolph's fault too?

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

So Rudolph isn't creative enough one day and then the next he's too flashy? I love how people look at results and then spin their narrative after the fact. Captain Hindsight strikes again. Maybe the WR should have caught some balls tonight? Or is that Rudolph's fault too?

The only offensive play call of the night, given what was happening that didn't make sense was the reverse, other than that I thought he called a good game. Any offensive troubles tonight could be placed solely on the WRs. As a group they had by far their worst game of the season. Stanley, Toivanen and Wanzek couldn't catch anything.

Everything that happened tonight would have been negated if UND didn't have the worst special teams at the FCS level. It cost them their first game as well as their last. I'll never be able to wrap my head around why they brought pressure on the punt they had interference on.  I can live with a defensive break down, or a questionable offensive call, but what can't be accepted is what took place on that play. 

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I couldn't agree with you more. We'll get there. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will this program.

I am going to agree with my buddy Fightingsioux4life this team is on the right track, they're so close to being a great football program. They're probably even ahead of where Buba thought they'd be at this time. At the press conference after Bubba was named coach of the year in the BSC, he said, we're not where we want to be yet." That should make all of us happy. Bubba has taken a program that was a big dumpster fire and made it a contender. For this I am thankful. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, AJS said:

The only offensive play call of the night, given what was happening that didn't make sense was the reverse, other than that I thought he called a good game. Any offensive troubles tonight could be placed solely on the WRs. As a group they had by far their worst game of the season. Stanley, Toivanen and Wanzek couldn't catch anything.

Everything that happened tonight would have been negated if UND didn't have the worst special teams at the FCS level. It cost them their first game as well as their last. I'll never be able to wrap my head around why they brought pressure on the punt they had interference on.  I can live with a defensive break down, or a questionable offensive call, but what can't be accepted is what took place on that play. 

Totally agree on special teams. That's on kostich or whoever made that decision. Just plain stupid. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Higgins said:

What bothers me the most about Torrey Hunt are his antics when he make plays that he is expected to make. Look at me!  Aren't I great. Let me pound my chest.

As Bud Grant use to tell his players. Act like you've been there before. 

I was at the Vikes game Thurs. and they gave that one away to the Boys. Tough week, witnessed both.  Played good enough to a certain point, deserved to win, then choked, choked.  This UND one hurts, gonna hurt, be lots of arrows shot at us down the road.  Cure here is to win some playoff games next year, or the hurt will turn into a burn.

WTF happened? I was able to watch the first half and we looked fine. The last score I saw before work was 24-7. I come on here expecting to read about how we're going to the second round to play EWU. From reading the posts it sounds like we really choked this one away. I hope the players and coaches can learn from this and come back stronger next year. 

5 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

So Rudolph isn't creative enough one day and then the next he's too flashy? I love how people look at results and then spin their narrative after the fact. Captain Hindsight strikes again.

Every play call falls within the context and moment of a game..........you should know that. Rudoloh by and large is horrible at that. The flea flicker at that moment was great but it's one play.  UND is built to run the ball... especially up 17... especially when Brady was getting good chuncks on every carry. 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Great Day To Be An Eagle said:

Damn...

Was really hoping for a true Big Sky Championship in Cheney next weekend.

Since y'all dodged that, do you mind shipping your half of the regular season trophy to Cheney? 

EASTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY ATHLETICS DEPARTMENT
Eastern Washington University, 207 Physical Education Building, Cheney, WA 99004

I guess we'll take it from here for the Big Sky conference. 

Go Eags

You are an arrogant idiot. Go back into your parent's basement. 

• Upvote 1