SiouxSports.com Forum

GDT: North Dakota v. Richmond

bincitysioux

5 minutes ago, Tangolou said:

Did Richmond ever hold Oliveria to less than 4yards? I just don't understand what I just watched. Game tied, Oliveria 5 yards on first down, take him out, go empty on 2nd down roll left with a right handed QB, incomplete. Don't get it.

It makes much more sense when you realize that Rudolf has been living in Bizarro World this season where everything is opposite.  Opponents have 9 in the box - time to pound the rock continuously - the 2nd and 9, 3rd and 7 situations put us right where we want to be.  We're getting 5 yards a crack on the ground and need to chew some clock - time to rest Olivera and chuck the pigskin.  

This may be the most frustrated I have ever been after a Sioux football game (and with the Sioux Falls game that is saying something).  Time for Bubba to be a real leader and fix some constant problems like special teams and offensive schemes.  

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Damn. This one will hurt for a while. 

Firing coaches isn't the answer, most likely. Just need to mature as a team and be better for 4 quarters. 

Too many mistakes and big plays given up to win in 2nd half. 

I get what you are saying, and yeah, there are multiple areas we could have won that game. making the first FG. Not blowing that turnover. etc.

Situationally, not running Oliveira late and passing at the end was a coaching issue, not an execution issue and it did cost us. I'm a Bubba fan (big time) but he has to know what rudolph is doing? and get the final say? right? I guess I just don't understand what they where trying to do late. it didn't make sense.

2 minutes ago, Tangolou said:

Overall this is young team who got valuable experience today. These are very good coaches who got valuable experience today. I have complete confidence in these guys to get better. It just hurts when its at home, you have hyped it big time, and it goes down that way. Just a gut punch.

I agree i still have faith in the coaches!

Torrey Hunt, 3rd and long towards the end of the game, bat the damn ball away on the deep throw, don't go for the toss-up int when you haven't shown the ability all season to win those battles. Had he just punched the ball away instead of going for that pick, UND likely gets the ball back on a punt. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I do, minus the special teams coaching...horrible and horrible decision to go for the block. 

Good lord. Absolutely the worst decision in many years.  Catch the punt at midfield and grind the clock and they can't beat us. Instead running into kicker and they go down and score and off and running from there

1 hour ago, hky said:

A good team overcomes that penalty. Rattled. Is this one on Rudolph?

Partly, he lost the coaching battle versus the Def. coordinator for Richmond. Kostich didn't earn his paycheck tonight either. 

2 minutes ago, omahasioux1 said:

Not a football person,but our secondary sucks ass so bad.

So how did they led FCS in INTs this season? That is what won the game vs. N. Arizona a few weeks ago. That is an area that needs to improve and it will, but they did some good things this season. And they will get better.

• Upvote 1

Team and coaches capped the bed in the 2nd half.  

1.Started with idiotic running into the kicker.  not the greatest call here, but kids need to understand the situation of the game (and coaches need to coach them to understand it)

2. After shoving the ball with olivera, (not Santiago ) down their throats, we go for an effing reverse!! and lose 10. made zero cents at that point in the game.  horrible play call. and sometimes you need to feed the hot hand.  Santiago was a non-factor tonight. couldn't stop Brady 

3. Stanley looked like !@#$. But didn't help that Keaton couldn't hit the broad side of the barn.  too many wide open misses or drops

4. were all their big passes on #16? 

5. at the end,  shouldve let them score. at least we would've gotten the ball back.  

Great season but pathetic way to end.  Rudolph and the 12 year old kid who is the ST coordinator should be on notice. 

• Upvote 2