SiouxSports.com Forum

GDT: North Dakota v. Richmond

bincitysioux

They whole organization better figure it out in the offseason. much tougher schedule next season and if we can't figure out how to play a full game, we'll be the NAU of next season.

Glad we made the playoffs, but to finish it like that is so unacceptable. I'm just at a loss right now. it hurts.

• Upvote 2

I really hope they reevaluate Rudolph as OC. Too many points this season where playcalling was terrible. Yes, we won a lot of games, but you don't give an OC a pass on 70% terrible playcalling and 30% brilliant. Those numbers don't mesh. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, nodakvindy said:

Goes down with 2009 hockey loss to UNH and 0.6 as most brutal losses as fan.  and like the UNH loss seemed like it came from playing not to lose.  Painful lesson to take into next season.  wouldnt mind learning from a win once in a while.

I feel the same way I did about the 0.6 just speechless

Blame the blocked punt, the running into the kicker, the play calling. What really killed us was the play of our secondary and giving up big playes. From the long TD pass in the first half to the late bomb in the 4th that set up the game winning FG. You can't give up those type of plays in the playoffs. Where was our secondary today?  You can blame the lack luster offense in the second half for the loss. But  plenty of blame rests on the shoulders of our secondary. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, URFan1 said:

You guys have a great team, tough that either team had to lose tonight.  Hard fought game, this will be a great learning experience for your young team.  Good luck next season. 

Thanks man beat the bison for us.  good luck.  you have a great team. 

I hate to be on the one play decides a game wagon, but it likely did.  Play a safe punt return and Richmond quits down three scores and on defense on their side of the fifty in the fourth.  

This group gave us all a ride, fun while it happened, but don't think offensively they had enough to win it all.  Feel bad for the seniors, not the way to end it. 

Im a Viking fan so I'm used to this happening....:D

Just now, UND-FB-FAN said:

Damn. This one will hurt for a while. 

Firing coaches isn't the answer, most likely. Just need to mature as a team and be better for 4 quarters. 

Too many mistakes and big plays given up to win in 2nd half. 

Most of the time I agree with the "firing coaches isn't the answer" but Rudolph has been getting by for awhile and bailed out time and time again. Much of the defensive struggles are put on the offense unable to sustain drives. That was evident this game in the second half. After that first drive in the 3rd, the offense did nothing. The problem is, that wasn't just something from this game. That is a trend. 

Fire special teams coordinator more than Rudolph. Honestly speaking I think I may be able to do a better job than the sh*t show I've seen with our punt team this year. And the decision t keep Seibel returning punts when you have Reed as an option.....seriousy??

Just got home from the bar.   This is the worst screw up team I have ever seen.   I need more booze in me but figured my luck I'd get a DUI.     All I can say is I don't even want to hear anything about this pathetic team.   I hope I feel different next year, but whatever.

I credit Richmond for hitting our weakness which is special teams and the long ball. I was waiting for a pick 6 late in the game but their receivers were so open it was horrible to watch. Special teams is bad, Seibel is not good as a punt returner. He fumbled once luckily recovered and bobbled a couple more times. We need better punt blocking it looked like a flashback to Stony Brook on that block. Now as for Bubba....great job getting this team a share of the conference title, a playoff berth, and generally getting fans to talk about football again. I can't wait to see this team in action next season and get another berth into the playoffs. Congrats Bubba and the Fighting Hawks!!

• Upvote 2