SiouxSports.com Forum

GDT: North Dakota v. Richmond

bincitysioux

That was the worst half of football I've seen in awhile. Dumb penalties, blown assignments, terrible playcalling. I put this loss heavily on Rudolph. You have a 230 pound powerback getting you 4-5 yards a carry and you don't feed him the whole second half? 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, PhillySioux said:

Running into the kicker......

Will Go down as the worst penalty in UND football history.

And rightfully so. If someone on here, anyone, can put forth a defensible position as to why the pressure was put on for that play, I will listen to just about anything.

I say it was unforgivable, and indefensible, but I'm open to persuasion.

• Upvote 2

This game just frustrated the crap out of me. How do you go from looking lights out to pissing yourself the rest of the game? Had we stayed the course and not tried to get cute with the offense in the second half, we win. Santiago didn't have it. Oliviera did. To put Santiago out there the last offensive possession was incredibly stupid. 

In the end UND did what many opposing teams have done, abandoned plays that were successful early. Santiago was 2nd best back all night, but Oliviera got nothing 4th quarter. More drops by our normally good receivers than they've had all season. All in all, a really tough way to go down.

• Upvote 2

Game over 24-7 seconds left in third ... we have ball at 50 yard line....run time off in fourth... at worst 24-7 pin them deep... but hell no run into punter...  don't the coaches tell the kids to block the return we didn't need to rush punter... tough on the kid but coach him for god sake

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Hope whoever ran into the kicker feels like crap, because now we all do....that completely turned the game. If he doesn't do that we likely win. 

In all fairness,  the bad spot and replay official blew the play before.  Should have been a 1st down anyways

But either way impressed with the team