SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Michigan State - SATURDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

In the interest of not just posting rants after a bad game (although that is very cathartic), I don't think the boys will come out in zombie form tonight.  I expect better puck support, more O-zone possession, and more goals.  And, it would be awfully nice if Cam would show up; I believe he will.

Unfortunately, UND is in a position where they probably can't give Tomek a game right now, because of the pairwise egg they laid last night.  Got to have your #1 guy in there again for this MUST WIN game. 

I said before the season that this team is REALLY young, and that is showing for sure.  But, last night was not a game of rookie mistakes.  Rather, they overlooked an opponent that came in to the Ralph ready to play their best game, and that is what has people so fired up about the loss.  Better play your best tonight, boys.

We dropped from 5 to T12 in the pairwise after last night's loss. We have 2 of our 3 remaining nonconference games in the next week. If that isn't enough to motivate the guys, I don't know what is.

We can't sacrifice Brock, and we've proven that we can score without him. All it takes is a solid, tight all around effort from every guy skating out, and giving Cam the net out front that he deserves. We skate like we did both games last weekend at SCSU EVERY GAME, and a win is most definitely possible.

5-2 Siouxbuis. Let's go.

This team will be a bubble Pairwise NCAA team the rest of the season and that's if they win tonight. Next Saturday in NYC vs BC then have Union without Jost and Boeser due to World Juniors. I'd gladly take one win in those 2 games. Last night's game was one this team will really struggle to overcome in the Pairwise. 

Now on the flip side a win vs BC (5 in PW) and a sweep of WMU (4 in PW) could get UND back in that 8ish range.

20 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

This team will be a bubble Pairwise NCAA team the rest of the season and that's if they win tonight. Next Saturday in NYC vs BC then have Union without Jost and Boeser due to World Juniors. I'd gladly take one win in those 2 games. Last night's game was one this team will really struggle to overcome in the Pairwise. 

Now on the flip side a win vs BC (5 in PW) and a sweep of WMU (4 in PW) could get UND back in that 8ish range.

It's a bit early to say theyll be a bubble pairwise team the rest of the year IMO 

One other thing regarding Jost/Boeser, Toronto is only a 5 hour drive from Union College... just sayin 

Well this is drastic.......... messages being sent. 

Hoff and Wilkie out. Peski and Gornall in.

Casey Johson at LW on 4th line with Simo and Gornall.

Top line as is

Cole Rhett JJ

Yon Bowen Olson

Hoff wasn't good last night but didn't think he was this bad. As far as Wilkie.............can you say Murphy.

Boeser held out.

Gers Jost Pogo

Smith Gardner JJ

Yon Bowen Olson

Cas. Johns Simo Gorny

Ausmus T. Poolman

Wolanin Shaw

C. Poolman Peski

Cammer Hrinks Tomek.

I'm a fan of these lines. It should be interesting to see Casey come up from the blue line. Hopefully Peski can turn it on.