SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (3-1) vs Wright State (4-1) (Men Against Breast Cancer Classic Day 2, 6 PM)

SWSiouxMN

After dropping a tough one to North Florida, UND looks to bounce back against the host team Wright State, coached by former SDSU head coach Scott Nagy.

The big key in this one is to slow down the exciting Mark Alstork, who is averaging 29 ppg, including a 39 point performance a few weeks ago against Toledo.  He had 24 in a 68-64 in against CSU-Bakersfield.  Will get to the line at will.  The guards are going to have to be active rebounders, as their best ones are 6'3 and 6'4 in height.

Again, another tough game but a game that UND can and should win

Game once again is on ESPN3

This is a broken record. Same crap every season. Would you all like to actually support a UND men's basketball program that can annually compete for the NCAA tourney? If so, let's hope for the "I wont say it" next spring. Look at what Bubba's hiring has done for the football program despite some advocating for more Mussman football. Well, the same can be done for UND men's basketball if Faison cuts ties in the spring. 

• Upvote 4

44 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

This is a broken record. Same crap every season. Would you all like to actually support a UND men's basketball program that can annually compete for the NCAA tourney? If so, let's hope for the "I wont say it" next spring. Look at what Bubba's hiring has done for the football program despite some advocating for more Mussman football. Well, the same can be done for UND men's basketball if Faison cuts ties in the spring. 

But only conference play matters, CIT matters, transition, young team, cold weather. Excuses are a mile long why this guy is still coaching, and Faison hasn't bothered to pull the plug on him like he did to Mussman. 

• Upvote 1

Does OOC play mean anything in terms of making the tourney? No.

Does OOC play mean anything in terms of this team developing a winning identity? Absolutely!

Losing these close back and forth games in such close fashion will absolutely translate into conference play, or even tourney play. I've really enjoyed watching this guys, but it is extremely frustrating to watch the most consistent part of the game be blowing it late. Hope they can figure it out quickly.

12 hours ago, darell1976 said:

But only conference play matters, CIT matters, transition, young team, cold weather. Excuses are a mile long why this guy is still coaching, and Faison hasn't bothered to pull the plug on him like he did to Mussman. 

Isn't this the final year of Jones' contract? I don't think Faison gave him another extension.

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Isn't this the final year of Jones' contract? I don't think Faison gave him another extension.

How did that conversation go?

You likely won't be coaching here anymore unless you make the conference championship game this season?

• Upvote 1

These non-conference games drum up hype for the rest of the season and home games.  Constantly losing them does nothing to promote the program and basically forces the MBB to start winning conference games to build hype.  By that time it's February already. 

• Upvote 4

32 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

I just don't care anymore.  Shanks just air balled a free throw...

Would love to be able to drive down to the UNI or Iowa game this year, but there is just no hope for this team non conference.

This is the mortal threat to any program. When things get to the point where apathy sets in. If fans are angry and venting, that is a good sign. If fans start to feel apathy, that is a bad sign. MBB hasn't been relevant for so long (20+ years) that apathy is starting to settle in.

• Upvote 2