SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Michigan State - FRIDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

2 hours ago, willythekid said:

My takes...

1)Reffing was very one-sided... did MSU get thrown out of one G-damned faceoff?

2)Panic passes... young team makes very poor decisions with the puck

3)Cam needs competition...

4)veteran leadership needs to step up.  Ausmus gliding to pucks does NOT cut it.

Can't have competition when the coach won't pull the goalie after he lets in 2 goals on 3 shots.

I doubt Tomek is bad in practice, last year there was talk about him playing because of how he was doing in practice.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Can't have competition when the coach won't pull the goalie after he lets in 2 goals on 3 shots.

I doubt Tomek is bad in practice, last year there was talk about him playing because of how he was doing in practice.

Right now, he's the third-string goalie. I would say that Matt is solidly in the second spot. 

Gotta try something:

Gersich Jost Poganski

Wilkie  Gardner  Bowen

Smith  Simonson  Olson

JJ  Yon  Gornall  (Can one of these guys play center?)

Not blaming Cam.  But 2 goals on 3 shots...timeout?  Goalie change? 

14 minutes ago, hky said:

Gotta try something:

Gersich Jost Poganski

Wilkie  Gardner  Bowen

Smith  Simonson  Olson

JJ  Yon  Gornall  (Can one of these guys play center?)

Not blaming Cam.  But 2 goals on 3 shots...timeout?  Goalie change? 

Hoff can but you have him out. He'll play tonight. Agree Gornall should get a shot. Plenty of non producers like Simo, Wilkie and Olson.

16 minutes ago, Hockeygirl97 said:

Some coaches in the past have just pulled a goalie after the 4th goal, just as a team motivation thing, if he thinks they need a kick. I'm not seeing Berry as being that kind of coach. I just wish he'd have gotten the other guys some time earlier in the season. 

Cam should have got the hook after it went to 3-1 IMO.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Feed Bowen the puck?  Guy had a wide open net to tie the game and went logo.  I like his skating but his offensive ability is not close yet.  But he's a freshman, I get it.  Let not talk about him getting fed the puck just yet.

I'll tell you one thing... if everyone on the team skated as hard as Bowen last night we don't lose that game.  He might not have the skill set of some of the the other big names on this team but no one worked harder than that kid last night.  He was an animal behind the net and in the corners.  I will take work ethic over talent most of the time.

• Upvote 4

We knew this team would have struggles like this, and I don't think anyone deserved to assume those struggles would all end prior to the break.   They are young and not early talented as last year, especially with Boeser out.   Win tonight, get a non conference win in NYC and get everybody healthy for the push.  

Really disappointed in that they tried to turn it on in 3rd & almost got lucky or was it skill that should have been used from the beginning or was it over confidence  or laziness ? 

At this point Berry needs to try both other goalies - The losses are not all Cams fault - This team needs to feel bad about that ? YES & do something about it if he gets back in.

Maybe a hot goalie will emerge & turn things around now - if not this will be a disappointing season

Others have to get serious about scoring - few giving their best is not working 

Don't know if they are hearing this from coaches yet - if they are really trying their best then I apologize - but when u see good play in spurts or desperation it makes me think the above ? ? ? ? ? :(

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fetch said:

Really disappointed in that they tried to turn it on in 3rd & almost got lucky or was it skill that should have been used from the beginning or was it over confidence  or laziness ? 

At this point Berry needs to try both other goalies - The losses are not all Cams fault - This team needs to feel bad about that ? YES & do something about it if he gets back in.

Maybe a hot goalie will emerge & turn things around now - if not this will be a disappointing season

Others have to get serious about scoring - few giving their best is not working 

Don't know if they are hearing this from coaches yet - if they are really trying their best then I apologize - but when u see good play in spurts or desperation it makes me think the above ? ? ? ? ? :(

Speaking of hot goalies, when in UND's history has a goalie ever gone into St. Cloud and gotten two shutout victories?

Yeah but the negative crap seems more intense in my life - over taking the poitive & I guess u have more time to think about but it is better than not thinking at all 

I do wonder how it would be like to not think or care about crap :silly: