SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Michigan State - FRIDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

55 minutes ago, Cratter said:

We will probably see Brock play tonight... That'll help.

Then he should've played last night too. An extra night off for a wrist injury doesn't do much. A couple weeks will though.

15 minutes ago, Cratter said:

But it was suppose to be an easy win weekend. :whistling:

Exactly...#16 playing tonight reeks of desperation and frankly that falls on the coaching staff. The team looked unmotivated, disinterested and basically lazy last night. If one is a wearing the "C" for a second straight year it's time to ring the bell.

It's getting so frustrating reading how the refs "missed" a call, imo they didn't miss shyt, they just didn't call it. Last night was a disgrace, that net being dislodged and the refs not calling that is enough. Of course nothing will be done about it and it just gets hushed, that disgrace of a "head of officials" Don Adams will probably take them out to supper for it

Just now, Emerald joker said:

It's getting so frustrating reading how the refs "missed" a call, imo they didn't miss shyt, they just didn't call it. Last night was a disgrace, that net being dislodged and the refs not calling that is enough. Of course nothing will be done about it and it just gets hushed, that disgrace of a "head of officials" Don Adams will probably take them out to supper for it

Totally agree but the fact everyone is singling out that one missed call tell me how poorly UND played. UND never should have been in that situation.

40 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Totally agree but the fact everyone is singling out that one missed call tell me how poorly UND played. UND never should have been in that situation.

UND did play poorly, but there was more then one missed call. It's just frustrating to watch. Not sure it would have changed the way the game went. None of that should of mattered anyway because that's a team we should have beat.

53 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

18, 10 and 14 need to get it going. The first 2 have done nothing most of the season. 

........and let's but blunt the Euros were not good last night especially JJ.

The Euros have pretty much disappeared after their one big game.  Take away the few big stars from the last two recruiting classes and we have a group that would be pretty non-competitive against anyone.  

54 minutes ago, Irish said:

The Euros have pretty much disappeared after their one big game.  Take away the few big stars from the last two recruiting classes and we have a group that would be pretty non-competitive against anyone.  

Crossing my fingers there's a Pony Express type late blooming line in there that blows up Sr yr

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

But it was suppose to be an easy win weekend. :whistling:

If the guys in our locker room approach any game or opponent with this kind of mindset, 9 times out of 10 we're going to get the effort that we got out of them in the 1st and 2nd periods last night. Dig ourselves a hole early, and work our asses off to TRY and come up with a win. That's unacceptable in every way. Go into EVERY game expecting the other team to battle and you're well on your way to a win. North Dakota knows this, our tradition and continued excellence embraces that. 

• Upvote 1

Like I said, if fat and sassy after last week shows up we lose. 

Something worse beyond that showed up: Immaturity. They thought they could just show up and win. 

I blame leadership for not heading that off, and not Berry and his staff. That kind of maturity comes from the C and As. You knew last year what you were getting every night from Jewels and Chyzyk and the Coltons (S and StC). What we have right now is two seniors (one is a backup goalie) and five juniors. None are really leading by example. They're all up and down game to game. That's no example or standard. 

Given that, it might be time for Rhett Gardner and the sophomores to set the pace and tone. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I'd bet my hat we win tonight 

If this team can learn to play hungry, look out. 

Also, Dixon Bowen is an animal, feed him the puck. I think we see Boeser tonight too.

Feed Bowen the puck?  Guy had a wide open net to tie the game and went logo.  I like his skating but his offensive ability is not close yet.  But he's a freshman, I get it.  Let not talk about him getting fed the puck just yet.

46 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Feed Bowen the puck?  Guy had a wide open net to tie the game and went logo.  I like his skating but his offensive ability is not close yet.  But he's a freshman, I get it.  Let not talk about him getting fed the puck just yet.

If you say so bud, apologies for crossing ya.

• Upvote 1