SiouxSports.com Forum

NC A&T/Richmond 4 right to lay an egg in the Hawks' Nest!

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

Which core group of players will be motivated to practice and execute a game plan after heartbreaking losses.

Richmond would like to borrow NC's 3rd string quarterback. They seem the more talented but this will not be an easy game, their quarterback situation is a mess.

The MEAC and SWAC have the Celebration Bowl. A&T played in it last year and received $500K plus $200K worth of tickets, which they are allowed to sell to their fan base and keep the $. The MEAC's playoff reputation has nowhere to go but up, they haven't won a playoff game since 1999.

For UND this looks like the best play in pair on the table?

6 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

Wached a little bit of Richmonds highlights. That Lauletta (qb for Richmond) looks like a solid player. Too bad for his injury but glad that UND doesn't have to face him if Richmond wins their first round game. Didnt sound like the backup qb did very good after he went down.

Watched the game. The Spiders looked like ass without their qb.

6 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

Wached a little bit of Richmonds highlights. That Lauletta (qb for Richmond) looks like a solid player. Too bad for his injury but glad that UND doesn't have to face him if Richmond wins their first round game. Didnt sound like the backup qb did very good after he went down.

Right, Lauletta is a great quarterback. They looked like a different team without him. Richmond would of most likely been a top 8 seed had they not lost.

Didnt sound like NC A & T backup qb did any better

On the offensive side, N.C. A&T played without starting quarterback Lamar Raynard for the second straight game. Fifth-year quarterback Oluwafemi Bamiro, who led the Aggies to the FBS win over Kent State on Sept. 10 in relief and who won his start last week at Delaware State, had his struggles on Saturday. Bamiro completed only 12 of his 33 pass attempts and one touchdown pass and two interceptions.

41 minutes ago, ND1 said:

UND just received an early x-mas gift by playing the winner of these two.   I suspect we might be a bit rusty to start out but should easily roll either team.  

I don't think this team will easily roll anyone. It's the playoffs.  

• Upvote 4

We have played great at times this year and we have played not so great at times this year. Hopefully we have healthy bodies and get players back playing. I am not smart enough to know if we will roll or not roll over these teams. I just want us to win - doesn't matter if we win by 40 or by 1. It would be nice to get a lead and relax a little so we can enjoy it more. I want us to play up to our potential. Let's have some fun!

• Upvote 2

All new teritory! I'd say the 3 weeks rest is by far more important than a little accumalation of rust. Players may really be enjoying all this, being on the side lines as their soreness's disapear?  Most injuries should be pretty healed by Dec 3rd. We are a remarkably much better team, healthy. The rust will all be wore off in the 1st Quarter, rather than, where in the game it's toooooo late to heal up. We should play ball like we belong there the rest of the game.  If the crowd is near capicity, the rust could disapear during warm ups!

26 minutes ago, homer said:

I don't think this team will easily roll anyone. It's the playoffs.  

Richmond is a 13 point favorite over NC and they literally do not have a QB.  Their stud QB went down with a torn ACL,their other backup is suspended and the 3rd QB is out with a shoulder injury. 

Funny how you can be a 13 point favorite with no QB 

24 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I am not smart enough to know if we will roll or not roll over these teams.

Seems to me UND is not really built to beat someone by a wide margin. We have more of a grind it out approach....don't make mistakes and make the opposition pay for their mistakes....and chew up the clock.

9 minutes ago, ND1 said:

Richmond is a 13 point favorite over NC and they literally do not have a QB.  Their stud QB went down with a torn ACL,their other backup is suspended and the 3rd QB is out with a shoulder injury. 

Funny how you can be a 13 point favorite with no QB 

Seriously?  Where did you see that? So what do they do, pull a redshirt off one of their 2 Freshman QB's?

35 minutes ago, ND1 said:

http://www.richmond.com/sports/article_246cff7a-d5f7-5cd1-ba4f-c82d1c8d79a8.html

Who knows the reason behind the suspension and if he will be back. 

So sounds like their only options for QB this week are Clise (who went 0-2, 0 yds) who has a bad shoulder or their Freshman, Chenault  (who went 1-3, 11 yds, and an INT).  

Yikes!!!

19 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So sounds like their only options for QB this week are Clise (who went 0-2, 0 yds) who has a bad shoulder or their Freshman, Chenault  (who went 1-3, 11 yds, and an INT).  

Yikes!!!

And yet they are heavily favored to win....

25 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Yikes!!!

And here we thought our backup QB situation wasn't ideal :)