SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Michigan State

AZSIOUX

6 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

:D

Honestly, it's just a hunch. Everything I've heard is that it's close between he and Rinks and I think Matej will get a shot. 

Rinks is the ultimate team guy.  I would be shocked if tomek was here after Christmas. A guy can't go two full years without playing in real game.  For his development I actually hope he does something.  There's a strong chance Cam is back next year too.

10 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Rinks is the ultimate team guy.  I would be shocked if tomek was here after Christmas.

Why? Seems like a character shot at the kid. Just because he's not playing doesn't mean he's the kind of the kid to bail on the team midseason. 

I'm sure he chose UND not only for playing time as he could have been guaranteed that elsewhere in college hockey, international pro and in MJ. If he were not a sophomore and was upset in the media, I could maybe see it happening, but what leads you to believe this? Trying to see if you have insight on this or it's just a guess. Not being confrontational, here, btw.

52 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Why? Seems like a character shot at the kid. Just because he's not playing doesn't mean he's the kind of the kid to bail on the team midseason. 

I'm sure he chose UND not only for playing time as he could have been guaranteed that elsewhere in college hockey, international pro and in MJ. If he were not a sophomore and was upset in the media, I could maybe see it happening, but what leads you to believe this? Trying to see if you have insight on this or it's just a guess. Not being confrontational, here, btw.

No, not at all.  Just tough to watch a kid ride the pine for multiple years.  He's a legit prospect and he's not playing. Could be time for some ice time.  We have some other nice tendy's coming in.  

It probably all depends on what Cam does.  In defense on why tomek would stay....is that he's super young.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

No, not at all.  Just tough to watch a kid ride the pine for multiple years.  He's a legit prospect and he's not playing. Could be time for some ice time.  We have some other nice tendy's coming in.  

It probably all depends on what Cam does.  In defense on why tomek would stay....is that he's super young.

Because he's given no indication that he would. That's all.

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Because he's given no indication that he would. That's all.

Not sure what you're referring to (from my previous post).  But to respond to your post, I don't think many kids make it known that they plan on leaving.  I have no inside info other than he wanted to contend for the starters spot this year...like most kids do.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

Not sure what you're referring to (from my previous post).  But to respond to your post, I don't think many kids make it known that they plan on leaving.  I have no inside info other than he wanted to contend for the starters spot this year...like most kids do.

Sorry, I misread. I thought you were asking me why I thought he'd stay. Yeah, fair enough.