SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ St. Cloud State - SATURDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

2 hours ago, I Ranger said:

I get that Wilkie hasn't produced yet but I just don't get why most just want to jump to put Olson back in who has done absolutely nothing for a year longer and is a junior. I'm sorry but he can't skate at this level. There's no doubt Wilkie is fighting the puck and the game is a little quick for him but his upside is much higher than Olson. 

Olson brings a physical presence and at least adds something to the lineup while Wilkie really isn't adding anything right now.

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Olson brings a physical presence and at least adds something to the lineup while Wilkie really isn't adding anything right now.

I don't agree with that st all. Wilkie is in a funk right now. He didn't play bad this weekend though.  I saw him working pretty hard.

1 hour ago, SiouxScore said:

Big deal he runs into people. Let me know when his physical presence creates anything other than a penalty on himself. 

The fact is they have to play the game as the rules permit.  I like a big hit, but with modern rules enforcement, the times of "oohhs" and "aahhs" hits is pretty much a thing of the past. So called "old style hockey" is just that--old style.  The game is still physical, but speed, skill, and hard work win the games for you.  Even more so at the FF.  The smart teams understand that. 

• Upvote 1