SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ St. Cloud State - FRIDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

What the SC color guy just said would apply to us and tonight, our boys did it

...."at some point, these young guys have to stop using the excuse of being freshmen and sophomores and you have to own up and convince yourself and show that you're a D-1 player by competing every night. Every night."

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, burd said:

It's almost unfair to last week's effort to say tonight's was much better.   We LOOKED better, but this is not Denver.    Or Duluth, IMO. 

Main thing is we won Friday on the road and took a step forward. 

Tonight they looked better and played great team D, they were quick to pucks, won battles and capitalized on chances. They did that consistently, they did not do those things consistently against DU or UMD imo.

3 minutes ago, jukenjive27 said:

Tonight they looked better and play great team D, they were quick to pucks, won battles and capitalized on chances. They did that consistently, they did not do those things consistently against DU or UMD.

They did those things pretty well to stay even with Denver, though, and Denver plays a much faster game than Cloud does.   But BC is right--they were not clicking. 

Boy, is Gersich on his game. 

Just now, burd said:

They did those things pretty well to stay even with Denver, though, and Denver plays a much faster game than Cloud does. 

The key here is consistency, they did not do those things consistently against DU for 60mins+. DU is a good team and capitalized on the mistakes, SCSU is a good team too and I am going to say 70% was UND playing well and 30% was an off night for SCSU. I guarantee we see a different SCSU team tomorrow.

58 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Hey MafiaMan, are you gonna shout, Warm up the bus!" Like you did in Michigan?!?!

51 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

Mafia just seen you on tv! Sporting the Cags jersey!

I managed to keep my big mouth in-check unti the final horn.  :D

TV?  Huh?  What?  And why is my phone blowing up?

19 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I managed to keep my big mouth in-check unti the final horn.  :D

TV?  Huh?  What?  And why is my phone blowing up?

Saw you twice....watching the game with my neighbor and then the camera is on you and I'm "hey, there's the Mafiaman!"....He just looked at me like I was crazy. :)

11 hours ago, siouxforeverbaby said:

Brock has got to have something broken in his hand.  He is playing almost exactly the way that Oshie and Toews did when they were playing with broken fingers.

He's got a banged up wrist....since before the goph series.