SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ St. Cloud State - FRIDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

Copied this over from the other thread for those traveling to the game.

Just did an I-94 check for those traveling to the hockey games.  Conditions are not good in the Fergus Falls area.  I drove a 4 mile stretch of I-94.  The driving lanes are 100% covered with snow on top of ice and frozen slush.  It didn't appear that state plows had been out at all.  Visibility varies from about 300-400 feet down to where I could not see if there was any visibility.  The radar on Intellicast shows the current snow is falling all of the way to St. Cloud.  Driving speed is in the 30-40 mph range.  There is a little passing going on but it looks like the passing lane has little to no traffic at all.  I was in a pickup in 4 wheel drive and it got skittish on me a couple of times, but nothing terrible.  Part of it is the roughness of the frozen slush underneath the snow.  The secondary roads in the area are worse, both for road conditions and visibility.  Be safe.  If you are a skilled winter driver you should be okay if you take plenty of time.  If you are not, I would stay home.

• Upvote 2

Yah, I see UND breaking out of this winless skid. Watched St. Cloud last weekend and while they were good against the inconsistent Tigers, there were some stretches where CC out-played SCSU. This tells me that they're human and UND, being a deeper and more talented team than CC, should be able to give St. Cloud a tougher fight. 

• Upvote 1

I have no idea what to think going into this weekend so I went to the Magic 8 Ball MafiaMan gave me for Valentine's Day last year.....it read "Without a doubt". I'm going to assume that means a UND win.

4-3 good guys...........finally.

18 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I am in Brainerd visiting my girlfriend and the roads are not good here. Talked to someone in town for youth hockey tomorrow and the roads are really bad from the Cities to Brainerd. Thankfully, I don't have to go anywhere until Sunday.

Blais lives in Brainerd? :D;)

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I am in Brainerd visiting my girlfriend and the roads are not good here. Talked to someone in town for youth hockey tomorrow and the roads are really bad from the Cities to Brainerd. Thankfully, I don't have to go anywhere until Sunday.

I have to go to Alexandria for my niece's birthday after the kids get done with school. Hopefully the weather and roads are much better by then. Good chance I'll miss most of the games this weekend so thanks in advance for the updates from everyone on here, I'll be glued to my phone as much as the old lady lets me.

27 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I have no idea what to think going into this weekend so I went to the Magic 8 Ball MafiaMan gave me for Valentine's Day last year.....it read "Without a doubt". I'm going to assume that means a UND win.

4-3 good guys...........finally.

"Will I win, will I win, will I win, win win? Aww. *shake, shake* Yeah!"

5 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

I have to go to Alexandria for my niece's birthday after the kids get done with school. Hopefully the weather and roads are much better by then. Good chance I'll miss most of the games this weekend so thanks in advance for the updates from everyone on here, I'll be glued to my phone as much as the old lady lets me.

It took my buddy 6 hours to get to Alex from Fargo this morning. Hopefully things have cleared up more by now.

Worth a shot..........Jost should be more of a force. Like that line as do I like Boeser's new line. No Olson......did not realize he was on a 54 games goal less stretch. Need to get something from lines 3 and 4. Please let the PK be better than it has been

23 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Worth a shot..........Jost should be more of a force. Like that line as do I like Boeser's new line. No Olson......did not realize he was on a 54 games goal less stretch. Need to get something from lines 3 and 4. Please let the PK be better than it has been

In regards to Olson, the big ice doesn't work with his skill set.  Looks like berry has been ready our posts regarding switching the lines up :)

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

In regards to Olson, the big ice doesn't work with his skill set.  Looks like berry has been ready our posts regarding switching the lines up :)

We were on Snapchat discussing it yesterday.