SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky Tourney 2016

Smoggy

23 minutes ago, Feff said:

Any idea where UND might be seeded in the NCAA tournament? 

They probably will be placed in Minnesota's bracket.  Minnesota is ranked 2nd.  

Nebraska is rated 1st, Wisconsin 3rd, and Kansas 4th, so there are other possibilites.  All of those teams will almost certainly be hosting.

Don't think they seed all the teams, just the top ones like in FCS.

2 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

A question for if UND wins tonight, will that be the first time ever it made the NCAA at any level in volleyball?

Edit: Found my own answer, looks like twice back in the D-2 era with the last in 2003

For much of UND's history, volleyball was not given much emphasis.  The 2002 and 2003 teams did make the DII dance, but NDSU dominated those previous decades.  My how the worm has turned.

once again the Athletic Department is at it again...you know there is gonna be large walk up for this championship game...so they decide to close off the east practice rink entrance and funnel all the walk ups to the 3 ....yes three ticket takers....the line was out the door. 

great game tho...

• Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

once again the Athletic Department is at it again...you know there is gonna be large walk up for this championship game...so they decide to close off the east practice rink entrance and funnel all the walk ups to the 3 ....yes three ticket takers....the line was out the door. 

great game tho...

Your inability to enjoy anything is mind-boggling...UND sets records all over the place with an absolutely spectacular match with a great crowd and your post is 90% about your minor inconvenience to walk to a different door and wait in line.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ChesterFritz90 said:

Your inability to enjoy anything is mind-boggling...UND sets records all over the place with an absolutely spectacular match with a great crowd and your post is 90% about your minor inconvenience to walk to a different door and wait in line.

so if the hockey team was playing scsu at the ralph with a shot at the national tournament they would three lines open and people waiting almost outside missing the first period...total joke

great game tho....

10 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

so if the hockey team was playing scsu at the ralph with a shot at the national tournament they would three lines open and people waiting almost outside missing the first period...total joke

great game tho....

Relative to seating capacity there would be way more than 3 lanes for the Ralph in your scenario. The line was a bit much but I only missed two points and enjoyed the game as well as being impressed with how many people were waiting in line for tickets.

That was fun! Crowd was great. Odd it was almost double last night at 1500 even though didn't look double.

I was nervous going in after beating crap out of NAU last week.  Figured they'd want revenge. Then they served up a handful of aces to start the match and ratchet up my anxiety. But we settled down and played awesome.  I was reminded from last weeks broadcast that NAU serve aggressive and it really cost them last week.  Tonight not as much.  We were just that much better.  However, very few clean winners by either side.  Both teams were solid.  

I was hard on her early so I have to give props to Ashley Brueggeman.  Not sure how she wasn't on the tourney team, because she was outstanding.  Tonight she hit at least 2 balls straight down the line for clean winners.  Last night she was hammering shots.  And in all instances they were well needed points / sideouts.

14 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Anyone have ideas on other Big Sky tourney averages?

This stuff was really hard to find.  Went as far back as I could find box scores.

2016 at UND we had 1512 in winning title.

2015 at NAU they had 1423 in winning title. 

2014 at ISU with UNC winning had 1111.

2013 at PSU with ISU winning had 812

2012 at UNC they had 2120 in winning title.

2011 at PSU with UNC winning had 462.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

great game tho...

There were only 2 of us,  not 3, but the backup was the ticket buying lines,  and all of those were open. 

Traffic was light from 6 to 6:30. If you expect a large walk up, get there earlier, and your problems would have been solved.

3 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Would have been nice if the tournament record attendance would have been decimated by getting 2500 for the biggest game ever.  When we hit 2000 before, the students turned out for a promotion or NDSU.  This time, the students had to pay.

1500 seems low to me.  The place was certainly more than half full, so should have been well over 2000.  There were some non ticketed people in there (bb players and others) as one would buy a ticket,  get scanned,  then open an exit door and let others in.