SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs Mayville (11/15 7 PM)

SWSiouxMN

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=211295655

UND moves onto game 2 of the season and the middle portion of the non-d1 creampuff schedule.  After easily dispatching Crown, its time for in-state Mayville.

Hopefully will have the services of the 4 that missed due to suspension (get to class guys!) and get a much better look at what the rotation will look like going into the season.  As much as I don't like these games, I like the fact they are all at once and can be gotten out of the way.  Am interested to see how Rolls-Tyson and Kinsey bring to the table. 

Is it next Friday yet? 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Any reason why our two Juco recruits aren't playing?  Still suspension related?

From what I understand, they are not as talented as we had hoped -especially the kid from England.  I suppose they Are hoping they will be better after another year of development. 

1 minute ago, hoops44 said:

announcer said red shirted...whats up with that...they cant beat out a couple of high school kids with only one d1 offer

Just now, UND Fan said:

From what I understand, they are not as talented as we had hoped -especially the kid from England.  I suppose they Are hoping they will be better after another year of development. 

Huh? WTF?

finally started to look a little bit decent towards the end.  Its a win and Geno and Shanks got to get their feet wet in this young season.  Hooker was Hooker yet again. Quite surprised to see Brown get decent minutes in the rotation. I really hope we can get a lot out of Seales this year. 

4 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

finally started to look a little bit decent towards the end.  Its a win and Geno and Shanks got to get their feet wet in this young season.  Hooker was Hooker yet again. Quite surprised to see Brown get decent minutes in the rotation. I really hope we can get a lot out of Seales this year. 

Surprising that Seales did not play or score much.  Really need someone to replace McBuckets threes.  Kienan Walter may be that three point shooter, but not yet.  It's most the Hooker show it seems.  Looking for more balanced scoring.

28 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Brown looked good once again in the minutes I watched. 

40 minutes ago, northernraider said:

Agreed, it would be great to have a better non-conference home schedule.

At least play one of the 346 other D-1 teams.

No money i was told on another thread. But it seems the women and even the other DI team in the state can find a non conference opponent at home other than us.

21 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

No money i was told on another thread. But it seems the women and even the other DI team in the state can find a non conference opponent at home other than us.

NDSU paid an absurd amount to Ark St to open their new digs.  They didn't have the cash left to schedule more DIs.

Women's bball doesn't have a big pot of gold dependent on scheduling so it's much easier to get big name teams to come here, like Iowa.

4 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

NDSU paid an absurd amount to Ark St to open their new digs.  They didn't have the cash left to schedule more DIs.

Women's bball doesn't have a big pot of gold dependent on scheduling so it's much easier to get big name teams to come here, like Iowa.

Ark St, UND, and UC Davis is what NDSU has at home, and we only have NDSU when they all agreed to a home/home.

31 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

A lot of women's team can make as much traveling for guarantees as they can playing at home. The same isn't the case for men's teams. 

You also can't force teams to sign a home and home, especially when they have closer options. There isn't a single person who doesn't wish there wasn't at least another D1 game or two.  

14 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Do you know what is considered a money game in Women's College Basketball?  About 20k.  A money game in Men's college basketball like UND going to Wisconsin 90 to 110K.  Now lets reverse it what if UND wants to bring into a mid to low major for just a one off game how much would that mid to low major need to consider it? My understanding is 40 to 60K. 40 if you're beatable and closer ro 60 if that isnt a given from what I hear.  I gaurantee you that Iowa isn't getting anything like that or requesting that to come play here tomorrow night.  Why?  Because it's womens basketball and the fiscal dynamics are completely different than that of Men's basketball.   Sadly, UND's Athletics budget is such right now that there is no way to pony up to bring in a team...and it would have taken some ponying too, at least this year, because the word is out that we may actually be decent, and nobody is going to come and risk a loss without some definite coin in the pocket.   Bottom line, we need coin or to have our school in a different part of the country where there are many D1's like a Weber State-  they can arrange a Utah State(Logan), BYU (Provo) Utah(SLC) or Utah Valley(Orem)-all are just down the road.  It's an entirely different game for Men's basketball scheduling than it is for women.

• Upvote 1