SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ St. Cloud State

AZSIOUX

3 hours ago, farce poobah said:

For those travelling to St Cloud, please check the weather forecast.   It doesn't look good (as of now) for travelling between ND and St Cloud.   If you're coming from the Cities, we're just getting a dusting.   Stay safe.  

Yeah hoping to be able to get there Friday afternoon. Hopefully the weather changes.

Hey all - I have two tickets to both nights games (Fri: Sec 204 Row 7 Seat 15/16 & Sat: Sec 204 Row 7 Seat 1/2). My wife had an uncle pass away up north so we won't be able to make it (second year running, last year was ACL surgery...starting to think the SCSU trip is bad luck). Looking for $25 ($35 face value). Please PM or text me at 701.610.6735 if interested. I can dropoff the physical tickets if you're in the Forks area or get you the reprint/scan tickets from SCSU if you live elsewhere. Unfortunately SCSU is in the stone age so I can't just relist them on ticketmaster. :)

1 hour ago, Brett0909 said:

Hey all - I have two tickets to both nights games (Fri: Sec 204 Row 7 Seat 15/16 & Sat: Sec 204 Row 7 Seat 1/2). My wife had an uncle pass away up north so we won't be able to make it (second year running, last year was ACL surgery...starting to think the SCSU trip is bad luck). Looking for $25 ($35 face value). Please PM or text me at 701.610.6735 if interested. I can dropoff the physical tickets if you're in the Forks area or get you the reprint/scan tickets from SCSU if you live elsewhere. Unfortunately SCSU is in the stone age so I can't just relist them on ticketmaster. :)

http://www.scsuhuskies.com/news/2016/11/1/general-st-cloud-state-announces-ticketing-partnership-with-tixcity.aspx

Just did an I-94 check for those traveling to the hockey games.  Conditions are not good in the Fergus Falls area.  I drove a 4 mile stretch of I-94.  The driving lanes are 100% covered with snow on top of ice and frozen slush.  It didn't appear that state plows had been out at all.  Visibility varies from about 300-400 feet down to where I could not see if there was any visibility.  The radar on Intellicast shows the current snow is falling all of the way to St. Cloud.  Driving speed is in the 30-40 mph range.  There is a little passing going on but it looks like the passing lane has little to no traffic at all.  I was in a pickup in 4 wheel drive and it got skittish on me a couple of times, but nothing terrible.  Part of it is the roughness of the frozen slush underneath the snow.  The secondary roads in the area are worse, both for road conditions and visibility.  Be safe.  If you are a skilled winter driver you should be okay if you take plenty of time.  If you are not, I would stay home.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Siouxman said:

Just did an I-94 check for those traveling to the hockey games.  Conditions are not good in the Fergus Falls area.  I drove a 4 mile stretch of I-94.  The driving lanes are 100% covered with snow on top of ice and frozen slush.  It didn't appear that state plows had been out at all.  Visibility varies from about 300-400 feet down to where I could not see if there was any visibility.  The radar on Intellicast shows the current snow is falling all of the way to St. Cloud.  Driving speed is in the 30-40 mph range.  There is a little passing going on but it looks like the passing lane has little to no traffic at all.  I was in a pickup in 4 wheel drive and it got skittish on me a couple of times, but nothing terrible.  Part of it is the roughness of the frozen slush underneath the snow.  The secondary roads in the area are worse, both for road conditions and visibility.  Be safe.  If you are a skilled winter driver you should be okay if you take plenty of time.  If you are not, I would stay home.

To add to that...I had a repair man come up to Bemidji this morning from St Cloud and he said he didn't see a plow until he got here. 

36 minutes ago, Siouxman said:

Good info Siouxman, drive safe everyone

8 hours ago, Emerald joker said:

Setting our expectations a little lower?.......yuc

Brad laid out the numbers... I think a sweep is unrealistic in the NHC. I'd like to be proved wrong. 

UND-SCSU in the National Hockey Center

2015-16 — Split
2014-15 — Split
2013-14 — Split
2012-13 — Split
2011-12 — Split
2010-11 — UND win and tie
2009-10 — Split
2008-09 — Split
2007-08 — Split
2006-07 — UND win and tie
2005-06 — Split
2004-05 — UND win and tie
2003-04 — UND win and tie
2002-03 — Split
2001-02 — St. Cloud State sweep
2000-01 — Did not play in St. Cloud
1999-00 — St. Cloud State win and tie
1998-99 — UND sweep

5 hours ago, Siouxman said:

Very well said sir. 

2 hours ago, Goon said:

Brad laid out the numbers... I think a sweep is unrealistic in the NHC. I'd like to be proved wrong. 

2015-16 — Split
2014-15 — Split
2013-14 — Split
2012-13 — Split
2011-12 — Split
2009-10 — Split
2008-09 — Split
2007-08 — Split
2005-06 — Split
2002-03 — Split
1998-99 — UND sweep

I was being more of a smart-ass :)

7 hours ago, Goon said:

2015-16 — Split
2014-15 — Split
2013-14 — Split
2012-13 — Split
2011-12 — Split
2009-10 — Split
2008-09 — Split
2007-08 — Split
2005-06 — Split
2002-03 — Split
1998-99 — UND sweep

After tonite's game, I would be a little disappointed with a split.  Finish them tomorrow boys!!