SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ St. Cloud State

AZSIOUX

25 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

He started to put the puck in the net and the end of last year but it was always someone else creating space for him.

He's got a good shot but that's moot if he can't find space to release it.

Thats why id be curious to see him with gersich and Jost.  Both those two go so hard, play D, and create space.  

2 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

He started to put the puck in the net and the end of last year but it was always someone else creating space for him.

He's got a good shot but that's moot if he can't find space to release it.

That and his lack of a physical presence, despite a good frame, makes me angry. I watched him skate by a player in the Minnesota series on three consecutive shifts and instead, pinned them to the boards. Lay a hip to him.

3 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

That and his lack of a physical presence, despite a good frame, makes me angry. I watched him skate by a player in the Minnesota series on three consecutive shits and instead, pinned them to the boards. Lay a hip to him.

I would hope he'd leave him alone in that situation, that would be messy!

• Upvote 2

Wilke has 11 points 5G 6A in 41 games but he had 2G 2A in one game last year. Minus that one game he has 7 points 3G 4A in 40 games. He made his mark in the USHL as a goal scorer........not so far at UND.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Wilke has 11 points 5G 6A in 41 games but he had 2G 2A in one game last year. Minus that one game he has 7 points 3G 4A in 40 games. He made his mark in the USHL as a goal scorer........not so far at UND.

Looks like it takes him awhile to get acclimated.  The jump from year 1 to year 2 in the ushl was dramatic.

17 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Looks like it takes him awhile to get acclimated.  The jump from year 1 to year 2 in the ushl was dramatic.

Didn't UND go thru that thinking/enabling with Murphy? Eventually it will click.....never did. 7 points in 40 games minus the one anomaly is what it is. I can/usually will shoot under par one round a year but I'm far from a scratch golfer. My handicap, not including my looks, is based of my body of work/rounds.

5 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Didn't UND go thru that thinking/enabling with Murphy? Eventually it will click.....never did. 7 point in 40 games minus the one anatomy is what it is. I can/usually will shoot under par on round a year but I'm far from a scratch golfer. My handicap, not including my looks, is based of my body of work/rounds.

Except Wilkie has 5 goals... which surpasses Murphy's total... by 5 :D

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Didn't UND go thru that thinking/enabling with Murphy? Eventually it will click.....never did. 7 points in 40 games minus the one anomaly is what it is. I can/usually will shoot under par one round a year but I'm far from a scratch golfer. My handicap, not including my looks, is based of my body of work/rounds.

Wasn't Murphy only here for two years?  These guy's were/are sophomores.  College hockey is tough....some guys figure it out later.  I thought Murphy leaving was a terrible decision on his part.  He panicked.

I would take Murphy and his 4 pts this year and put him on our 3rd line.  I mean simo has 0 through 11 games.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Wasn't Murphy only here for two years?  These guy's were/are sophomores.  College hockey is tough....some guys figure it out later.  I thought Murphy leaving was a terrible decision on his part.  He panicked.

I would take Murphy and his 4 pts this year and put him on our 3rd line.  I mean simo has 0 through 11 games.

He's a jr for ASU so yeah, he must've only stuck around for 2 years. Missed out on a national championship by a year so I gotta think he plays the "what if I had stayed" game in his head from time to time.

Simo has 0 points? Didn't even realize that... woof

2 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

I sure wish Simonson would become a scorer - don't know why I like his play but I do - I notice him on the ice

40 minutes ago, Fetch said:

I sure wish Simonson would become a scorer - don't know why I like his play but I do - I notice him on the ice

I like simo too.  55 in 55 his one year in the ushl.  His skating holds him back but clearly having an off year.

Hard to truly judge based on St. Cloud playing my lowly Tigers but St. Cloud's power play looked very impressive on the big ice at World Arena. Now they get to go home and play on the Olympic ice again against another poor PK. Let's hope that UND continues to work on its special teams this week in practice.