SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ St. Cloud State

AZSIOUX

UND (5-4-2 / 0-3-1-0 nchc) tied and lost to DU this last weekend in GF. UND is on a 6 game winless streak after starting the season 5-0    UND STATS

NCAA STATS

PAIRWISE

SCSU (6-4-0 / 2-2-0-0 nchc) swept CC in the springs. SCSU swept the Gophers, Alabama hunt and cc for their 6 wins. They were swept by UMD and Mankato   SCSU STATS

2 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Haven't had a chance to see the Huskies play yet, this year. Anyone have a read on them? Seem to be able to score despite not having much returning scoring.

Goaltending is their big issue. Other then that might not be good as the last few years. 

Brock is so skilled offensively but he is really becoming a defensive liability especially on the PK. His 2 way game is not even close to NHL ready.  I'd go like this for the top 2 lines this weekend:

Gersich Gardner Boeser

JJ Jost Pogo

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

That is because the Goofs choked away 3rd period leads. If we can get some pucks into the net and then not blow the leads, we will do fine.

To be fair, SCSU has done their share of choking away 3rd period leads as well.  They were up 3-1 both nights against Duluth and lost both games 5-3, with an ENG icing it for Duluth both nights.

I do agree that goaltending is the biggest weakness for SCSU.  I think SCSU could be very good on the back end come March, but the D is very young and has been exposed multiple times this year.  Despite all the losses to going pro and graduation, the offense has generally held their own.

59 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Brock is so skilled offensively but he is really becoming a defensive liability especially on the PK. His 2 way game is not even close to NHL ready.  I'd go like this for the top 2 lines this weekend:

Gersich Gardner Boeser

JJ Jost Pogo

Love it.  Brock just needs two guys that go hard because from what I see, once Brock gets the puck he's reluctant to give it back to anyone else.  Another option would be...

Cole Smith - Rhett Gard - Brock B. - These guys would be a terror in front of the net when everyone's focused on BB.

Gersich - Jost - Pogo - super tough line to play against

JJ - Hoff - Chris Wilkie - once Wilkie starts playing better this line should pack punch.

Yon - Simo - T Olson (Bowen could work his way in here too).

11 minutes ago, franchise said:

Am I missing something with Olson?  I like him.  He delivers big hits.  He's not afraid to be in front of the net.

But it seems like Bowen and Yon have far more speed and offensive upside.

Olson is a smarter player if you watch him pass.  Doesn't skate well though.  Bowen skates well but isnt the brightest player if you really watch him.  I wouldnt necessarily call Bowen an offensive player, other than single A high school hockey, he has never been a point getter.  Prior to college, Olson has put up nice numbers everywhere he's been.  So far I've liked Yon's game.

On 11/13/2016 at 1:46 PM, MafiaMan said:

Special thanks to my friend NorthDakotaHockey for punching me four tickets to Friday's game.  Much appreciated!  

Any "Fight Club" members gonna be there?

Go old school.......white.