SiouxSports.com Forum

Grand Forks isn't more liberal than Fargo now

SiouxVolley

Pardon the election results, but Grand Forks has often been considered the most liberal city in North Dakota.  Fargo seems to be clearly in the lead now.

Here are the major counties are how they voted on Trump vs Hillary

Cass- 49.3 to 38.8

Grand Forks - 53.8 to 35.7 

Stutsman - 66.3 to 24.5

Burleigh - 67.8 to 22.7

Ward - 68.0 to 21.0

Morton - 71.6 to 19.5

Williams - 78.7 to 13.5

Stark - 79.2 to 14.2

In addition, Schneider, Oversen and Triplett all lost their legislative seats in spite of two of them being in UND's district, which is historically unprecedented, and a new city sales tax was defeated.

While having conservative leaning, would prefer a two party state, as that is healthier.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Pardon the election results, but Grand Forks has often been considered the most liberal city in North Dakota.  Fargo seems to be clearly in the lead now.

Cass- 49.3 to 38.8

Stutsman - 66.3 to 24.5

Burleigh - 67.8 to 22.7

Ward - 68.0 to 21.0

Morton - 71.6 to 19.5

Williams - 78.7 to 13.5

Stark - 79.2 to 14.2

In addition, Schneider, Oversen and Triplett all lost their legislative seats in spite of two of them being in UND's district, which is historically unprecedented, and a new city sales tax was defeated.

While having conservative leaning, would prefer a two party state, as that is healthier.

I am shocked that Schneider lost... The North Dakota democrats have touted him as being a potential big-timer in the future. 

12 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Cass- 49.3 to 38.8

Stutsman - 66.3 to 24.5

Burleigh - 67.8 to 22.7

Ward - 68.0 to 21.0

Morton - 71.6 to 19.5

Williams - 78.7 to 13.5

Stark - 79.2 to 14.2

Those numbers in Cass Co. are not surprising.........too many people in Fargo like to think they are "smarter" than everyone else about any and all issues that are "progressive". Pretty sure one can get a one way flight or bus ticket to MPS and dive into that "progressive" thinking head first if they want.  The total vote in ND doesn't and won't support that thinking any time soon.

13 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Even though some people publically call Trump a racist, like Brad Schlossman, the fact is more minorities actually voted for him than Romney.

Those in the "media" nationwide really need to look in the mirror after Tuesday night.

Oh.........and please don't bring facts to this thread.

34 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Now that's a waste of perfectly good space in Ithaca.

On a positive note there is a buy one get one free pacifier sale at the local Ithaca Walmart thru the Inauguration.

8 minutes ago, northernraider said:

I find it more interesting the sales tax increase in Grand Forks failed, but a similar one in Fargo for flood diversion passed. Both were I think 2:1 margins

Probably has something to do with housing affordability and grand forks residents being broke because of their living expenses. Thing is 40% of the sales tax would be paid by out of towners. The city of gf voted to pay for this 100% on their own.

18 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Probably has something to do with housing affordability and grand forks residents being broke because of their living expenses. Thing is 40% of the sales tax would be paid by out of towners. The city of gf voted to pay for this 100% on their own.

One was an extension of existing sales taxes specifically to pay for flood control. The other was a new 3/4% sales tax for 50 years that didn't have very much in terms of specifics. I don't argue that they listed things that needed to be paid for but they weren't very specific on the projects, particularly the costs. I would guess they will evaluate why it failed and come back with a more specific measure. As is life, once it is on the books, it is a lot easier to keep it there.

5 hours ago, Cratter said:

Like a Cry In at Cornell...

Isn't Cornell supposed to be one of the upper echelon schools in this country. It is scary how uneducated and misinformed these sheep are. if I was a parent paying tuition to this prestigious school I would have some serious questions about my investment.

• Upvote 3